Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love defining and interpreting business metrics? Do you want to develop and analyze performance and support decisions that drive investments, growth and profitability? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level? If so, our Financial Planning & Analysis team encourages you to join us in this exciting journey.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Top-Line team empowers leaders at Atlassian by facilitating business planning, providing insight into business performance, and supporting strategic decision-making. We predict the financial future of the business.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Revenue Finance - Cloud and will primarily support our Cloud Enterprise business, which is one of the fastest growing business lines at Atlassian and also a top company strategic focus area. As a member of the team you will play a key role in planning, become a valued financial partner to the Enterprise team, and drive informed business decision marking and strategy execution. You appreciate the mantra "work smarter, not harder" and will champion improvements to the growth and operations of the Cloud Enterprise business. You will also work closely with the broader finance team including FP&A, accounting, pricing, migrations and analytics.
This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company. The job is ideally suited to those who are passionate about developing an intimate understanding of our business, have a strong financial and analytical background, and are keen to drive growth and operational improvements as a strategic finance partner.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Play a key role in planning, provide insight into business performance, support strategic decision-making
- Help predict the future of the business through building robust financial models
- Work closely with the broader finance team including FP&A, accounting, pricing and analytics
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis in tech, consulting or investment banking
- Solid experience with planning and budgeting processes, bookings/revenue forecasting, interpreting and reporting business performance results
- Strong financial modelling skills in Excel and a deep understanding of business metrics
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story using data to help influence key decisions
- A curiosity to learn and take initiative to solve problems independently
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
It's great, but not required of you have:
- Exposure to working with planning tools (e.g., Anaplan) and finance systems (e.g., Netsuite)
- SQL skills and understanding of database / data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience on forecasting / planning of enterprise business or field sales
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Hold a degree in Economics, Mathematics, or Finance
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company’s continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.