Finance Director at Nextiva (Phoenix, AZ)
At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Nextiva, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2020, is seeking a Finance Director who is responsible for supporting our Customer Success and Hardware organizations through financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis. As part of the FP&A team, you will provide business decision support by translating data into actionable insights and making recommendations. This is a highly visible role as you will provide financial support to the Senior Leadership Team. Building strong relationships and becoming a trusted advisor is critical to your success.
- Develop financial models to better support key business decisions
- Drive planning and business intelligence systems to report business performance
- Craft and enhance visibility of relevant KPIs necessary to measure business performance
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Hardware partners to prepare quarterly financial forecast
- Partner with business partners to prepare and analyze weekly operational and financial metrics to provide real-time reporting and insight about business performance
- Manage expenditure and headcount across Customer Success and Hardware, providing visibility to senior leaders
- Provide analysis and insight through month close process
- Represent Finance in driving key company-wide initiatives
- Provide financial support to stakeholders to enhance ROI
- Drive annual planning process, with subsequent reporting and variance analysis
- Ad hoc projects contributing to the growth of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- 10-15 years' experience in FP&A or business analytics
- Advanced modeling skills with Excel and other planning and visualization tools
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing startup environment
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to rapidly build business acumen by understanding business strategies and execution plans
- Comfortable analyzing large volumes of complex data and communicating findings in a simplified manner
- A focus on partnering, satisfied customers, and finding solutions to problems proactively
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Experience in PowerBI and Anaplan a plus
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule when needed in office
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS.