At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Financial Director (Group CFO) for the Civil Systems Group.
As a Group CFO, you have a strong finance background and a record of achievements based on your business, strategic and analytical mindset. You know how to get things done by establishing trust and credibility because you first seek to understand our mission. You have a proven record of surrounding yourself with top-notch talent that you inspire and empower. You are a strategic thinker who is always looking ahead for what's next and are a courageous leader with strong strategic problem-solving skills and business acumen.
You provide leadership in all areas of financial strategy, budgeting, forecasting, and planning activities for The Aerospace Corporation. Specific responsibilities include annual and multi-year budgeting, development of financial forecasts and planning scenarios, development and implementation of financial and operational metrics, dashboards, and capital expenditure planning. You will also be responsible for improvements in financial and business processes as dictated by evolving corporate strategies. You will serve as a trusted financial advisor to all levels of the Group, providing the financial data, trends analysis, and predictive analytics that the corporation needs to deliver its value proposition to customers and to meet its goals. You will also serve as the primary financial leader for our UK subsidiary. Prior experience as a Financial Director, Manager or equivalent. Prior experience within a research or FFRDC environment, is highly desirable. You will also have a track record of translating strategic direction into specific actions, allocating resources to achieve those actions, and aligning organizations to successfully complete those actions on rapid timelines. You will work closely with the Center of Excellence Leaders within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) to ensure a consistent vision and implementation of financial policies, practices, and processes throughout the company. Your exemplary people leadership skills will create and motivate a high-performance team to efficiently and effectively achieve the strategic vision for financial and business operation.
You will operate in a matrix organization where you report to the Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for policy, process and guidance ensuring that our strategy, operations, and initiatives are supporting Corporate objectives. You will also report to the Group Senior Vice President for the respective organization for day to day direction, prioritization, and strategic support. The ability to successfully navigate this matrix leadership model will be key to your success.
What You'll Be Doing
- Creating income statements and P/L reports for each division and directorate
- Plan, forecast and manage financial performance and metrics
- Build annual budgets, lead budget subcommittees and monitor/manage budget performance
- Leading strategic projects at the group and corporate level
- Inform group SVPs on financial trends, reporting unit performance and recommend corrective actions to achieve financial plans
- Compare and analyze financial results with plans and forecasts, identify trends, assess and communicate reliable metrics that management can use to make informed business decisions.
- Make or recommend value-informed purchasing, investing, and hiring decisions on behalf of SVP
- Integral member of the Group and OCFO leadership teams
- Provide leadership in development of financial and business policies and procedures
- Establish and direct financial operations to optimize compliance
- Responsible for hiring, supervising, providing training, scheduling overtime, approving time off, determining objectives, initiating action, and completing annual performance reviews of staff. Plan, assign, and review the work of staff members
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or related field
- Ten or more years of experience in financial strategy, budgeting, and forecasting
- Five or more years of experience in a senior leadership role accountable for enterprise-level Finance programs and initiatives that include budget management
- Significant direct experience in managing people and teams
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US citizenship is required
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- MBA, CPA and/or advanced degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field
- Two or more years of experience in a US government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) contracting environment
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with peers, direct reports, customers, and leadership
- Expertise in strategic planning and deployment of Finance services for a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience in structuring and managing a foreign subsidiary
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changes as needed
- Demonstrated experience as a resourceful and creative solution finder who can develop options with a broad perspective on the potential impact to the corporation
- Ability to establish rapport and build trust quickly at all levels of the organization
- Cross-functional collaboration and leadership skills, with the ability to make critical decisions and influence others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong and trusted working relationships with stakeholders and with geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - can organize complex materials and concepts in a manner that is clear, persuasive, logical and builds a consensus.
- Knowledge of governmental and government contractor budgeting systems and practices
- Knowledge of cost accounting standards (CAS) Leadership Competencies
- Applies critical thinking to determine which ideas to pursue and implement.
- Anticipates customer's future needs and effectively influences others to adjust and pursue different paths when warranted
- Actively identifies high potential diverse talent and significantly contributes to their career development and advancement
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret Security Clearance with SCI Access
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$162,727 - $219,692 - $276,657
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email [email protected] You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.