Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take on new challenges and go the extra mile.
Our Finance team interfaces with the rest of DigitalOcean to ensure our ability to execute on our product vision and support our growing customer base in a data-driven and efficient manner. As a Data Analyst, you will join a growing Finance team that partners with decision-makers across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing robust and relevant analysis, insights and data products.What You'll Be Doing:
- Dive into a variety of datasets to answer critical business questions and uncover valuable insights, becoming a subject matter expert on the data generated by, and used by our Finance team
- Support the ongoing automation and delivery of standardized data views, dashboards, and a self-service data exploration environment to our Finance team
- Handle a range of information and analysis requests that will inform decisions by our Finance teams, from simple SQL queries to more advanced, long-term modeling and strategic analysis
- Partner directly with leaders across our Finance team, providing clear data-driven insights that provide the necessary information to move forward with a decision or the recommendations to jump-start a brand new initiative
- Partner with managers to understand current barriers to information access, and help uncover opportunities for increased or more efficient use of data
- Evangelize and facilitate the use of data in decision-making across the Finance team, including standardized KPIs and consistent measurement methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability and confidence to make conclusions and recommendations from data
- Proactive communication skills and track record of setting and executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Hands-on ability to generate analytical reports for a variety of business functions, from start to finish (data cleaning to analysis to presentation)
- Experience building easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), and ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus: Prior experience with Python and/or statistical modeling tools such as R or Matlab
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!