Finance and Strategy Associate - Institutional Partners at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:05 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, October 7, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
You will be integral in both building out the financial and operational forecasts for one of the fastest growing business units. Partnering with the largest institutional investors in real estate, your ability to create scalable financial models and processes will be stretched, as you will be playing a major role in the strategy and development of this team at a critical juncture in Opendoor’s evolution.
Your responsibilities will include:
● Building trusted relationships with key cross-functional business partners within the Sales, EPD (Engineering, Product & Design) and G&A (Biz Ops, Analytics) teams
● Working closely with leadership team to understand operational levers that impact the financial wellbeing of the business, including pricing for different product offerings
● Partnering with the business to support strategy and decision-making. Lead ad hoc financial modeling and analysis; build detailed financial, scenario based models to evaluate investment priorities and potential alternatives
● Ensuring that forecasts incorporate trends and current/future business strategies
● Building and maintaining consolidated financial models to plan the business and allow for appropriate sensitivities
● Owning monthly and quarterly Budget vs Actual reporting and ensure a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy in reporting as well as providing key business insights and perspective outlooks
● Quantifying risks and opportunities in achieving forecasts and explaining variances to forecasts. Create ad hoc analysis/sensitivities to understand potential outcomes
● Monitoring P&L lines during monthly financial close and discuss variances to forecast and conduct research as needed
We're Looking for Teammates Who Have:
● A minimum 3 years finance experience
● Prior experience in investment banking and FP&A is a plus
● Fluent in Microsoft Office suite / Google suite
● Experience with Adaptive Insights, Anaplan, or other planning software
● Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
● Experience with SQL is a plus
● Low ego, stellar work ethic and highly self motivated
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description