The People Team at Chainalysis is dedicated to enabling growth, building an inclusive environment, and providing the benefits and perks that help our employees balance work, life, and happiness. Our job is to make sure Chainalysis has the right talent and framework in place to grow both quickly and thoughtfully.
The Equity Compensation Manager will play a pivotal role on the Compensation team and the broader People Team. The person in this role will lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of our equity compensation strategy. You will partner closely with Legal, Finance, and People Operations to ensure our equity programs are structured to help us attract and retain top talent while running smoothly from start to finish. We measure success in this role by your ability to effectively manage the program from design to implementation and administration, assess competitive equity compensation trends, make recommendations in line with our business and talent growth strategies, and improve related communications and education for our current and potential employees.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You’ve improved existing and developed new equity compensation guidelines and processes that help us effectively grow and scale across the globe
- You’ve improved the accuracy and timeliness of our equity plan administration and related transactions
- You’ve created educational opportunities for current and potential employees that explain the value and potential of being a Chainalysis employee and shareholder
- You’ve built and/or implemented robust modeling tools supported by dynamic data that enable us to make better equity compensation decisions faster
A background like this helps:
- Experience managing and administering equity compensation programs pre- and post-IPO
- Experience forecasting and managing equity budgets with exceptional modeling skills (primarily using Google Sheets and Excel)
- Strong grasp of equity market trends and experience in benchmarking equity programs and policies
- Comfortable making data-backed recommendations using various external and internal sources
- Familiar with global equity compensation regulations, including tax implications and plan registration requirements
- Experience clearly communicating complex equity concepts to all levels of the organization
- Experience preparing equity and executive compensation materials for the Board
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and change as we grow and develop our total compensation programs in line with evolving business goals
- Able to build credibility with business leaders and cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Carta and other equity administration platforms
- Working knowledge of / experience working with Workday a plus
- Experience working in a high-growth tech company preferred
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.