Entry Level Accountant - Corporate Tax at Revantage, a Blackstone Company (Dallas, TX)
Revantage is a Blackstone Company that provides a highly skilled employee base, best-in-class processes, and state-of-the-art technology to multiple Blackstone real estate portfolio companies. Sectors include Hospitality, Industrial, Multi-Family, Office, Retail, Senior Housing, and Manufactured Homes.
Revantage, headquartered in Chicago, is one of three global offices that includes Revantage Asia and Revantage Europe.
What We Value: Our Culture
Creating a culture that inspires change and momentum requires the right team. We know what it takes to lead an industry, and are looking for leaders who seek constant growth, want to excel, and continuously improve upon themselves and the industry . The culture at Revantage is built on our shared core values and commitment to be:
- Achievers - We expect high standards for ourselves and enable the success of our teams
- Enthusiasts - We face challenges with optimism and believe anything is possible
- Leaders - We commit to continuously improve our performance
- Learners - We learn from our challenges and successes
- Partners - We deliver value and positive impact to our partners
Why This Role Is Valuable
The Entry Level Accountant - Corporate Tax is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns for Blackstone's real estate funds' investments. This role will also gather information, plan strategies, research tax laws, and correspond with agencies, as necessary. This position is based out of Revantage's headquarters in Chicago, IL.
How You Add Value
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax returns for Blackstone-owned partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, and real estate investment (REIT) returns on a timely basis
- Prepare federal and state extension requests and quarterly estimated payments for the various companies
- Conduct research to resolve and respond to state and federal regulatory agencies' notices
- Prepare tax and E&P projections for Blackstone on a quarterly basis or as needed
- Prepare REIT checklists on a quarterly basis to ensure compliance with the REIT rules
- Assist in obtaining FEINs and prepare W-9s as needed
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of 1099s to vendors, shareholders, and the IRS
- Obtain any necessary clarification, request additional information, and communicate with various departments concerning any problems that arise
- Conduct research as necessary to determine compliance with tax laws
- Review corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns
- Maintain knowledge in changing tax laws, planning opportunities, filing requirements, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Detail-oriented and possess strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in a consulting or professional services environment
- Experience with spreadsheets, tax preparation software, and FAS2000
PERKS FOR YOU
- Competitive salary, overall compensation, and 401(k)
- Work-life balance offerings include:
- Remote work policy
- Productive Hours - weekly meeting-free work time
- Bi-weekly Summer Fridays
- In-house and external learning & development opportunities
- Generous health insurance and wellness benefits
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer . We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and / or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email [email protected] .