Director, US Networks Content FP&A at Warner Bros. Discovery (Washington DC)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
The Director, US Networks Content FP&A will be a central role within the Global Content Finance team. The role will support the US Networks Content Finance Leader and will be responsible for all aspects of core FP&A, as well as working to define a single language for content finance at WBD and unlock synergies in process efficiency. The Director will work closely with the broader Content Finance and Analytics team, and will require significant amounts of interaction with US Nets FP&A, the Content COE team, and central finance and accounting functions.
Your Role Accountabilities
Design, develop and manage combined WBD reporting and insights, leading a core element of content finance integration:
- Identify, define and build aligned KPIs across WBD US Networks, working closely with Content Strategy FP&A
- Design and build new combined process and reporting with WBD colleagues. Lead identification of new data standards and reporting flows
- Ensure consistency in analysis, through alignment of definitions and reporting standards
- Understand WBD content systems landscape challenges and opportunities to evolve and simplify
- Manage intersegment reporting and requests as business adjusts
- Design detailed cash reporting and forecasting process across legacy Discovery business
- Maintain active participation and contribution to S4 & SAC projects
- Be point person for Head of US Networks Content Strategy, manage day to day content finance narrative, respond to ad hoc requests
Lead core monthly and annual processes across combined company:
- Oversee core FP&A process for US Networks Content
- Lead month and quarter end processes for content, prepare and consolidate the forecast, identify insights
- Communicate budget and forecast updates and variance analysis (vs prior forecast, plan, and prior year) to Sr Finance Management
- Run budget and LRP process for US Networks content
- Feed into global consolidated view of forecast, budget, and LRP
- Represent Content Finance team on core calls and business updates
Support strategic project areas
- Support capital allocation and other strategic questions
- Work with team to provide accurate data, insights, and analytics in response to specific questions
- Propose new reporting/ analytics/ ways of working that could unlock additional insights
- Prepare presentations of financial results for senior leadership
Management of Content CoE relationships including training and development of CoE Analysts -
- Manage Content COE relationships, building consistency across approaches and supporting further automation of process/systems
- Head up training and development of COE analysts supporting Global Content and US Content Strategy
Other Collaboration, Review, and ad hoc projects
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Streaming and Studios to build full content picture, share and align around best practice
- Continuous review and improvement of management information
- Assist in ad hoc projects as necessary to support the business
Qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years of finance or accounting experience or relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business, or relevant field
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and critical thinking skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong work ethic and follow-through
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to take on new challenges as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Ability to work well and communicate effectively in a cross functional, matrix environment
- EPM and SAP skills a plus
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $126,350.00 - $234,650.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].