Director, Treasury at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is looking for a Director, Treasury. In this role, you will be responsible for building the organization’s global Treasury function, including designing and implementing policies, processes, systems, and controls in a fast-growing environment. You will partner with key stakeholders in FP&A, Accounting, Legal, Enterprise Systems, and Infrastructure to drive business initiatives. The role will also have direct exposure to the CFO, Audit Committee, asset managers, banking institutions, equipment lessors, and insurance brokers, This role currently has one direct report and will report to the VP, Finance.
What You'll Do
- Investment Oversight: Own investment policy, monitor performance, and provide internal/external reporting
- Capital Structure: Maintain existing revolving credit facility/convertible notes, and expand capital leasing program
- Risk Mitigation: Manage Property & casualty and D&O insurance coverage, assess future FX risk management, develop Enterprise Risk Management program
- Liquidity: Develop cash flow forecast, recommend cash levels, and plan for future capital needs
- Cash Management: Manage banking relationships, fund US and foreign subsidiaries, implement policies & controls, and align with Accounting and Finance Operations
- Financial Systems: Build scalable bank connectivity, functional currency reporting, and treasury management systems in conjunction with Accounting and Finance Operations
- Business Compliance: Ensure compliance with payment authorization, subsidiary director role, bank account signatories, and other Treasury controls
What We're Looking For
- 9+ years of progressive Treasury experience ideally with a global/public company
- Familiarity with lease financing, investment management, insurance markets, and FX risk
- Knowledge of treasury management systems (e.g. Trovata) and Netsuite ERP
- An analytical and forward-looking thinker that can solve business challenges
- The ability to delivery high-quality work products that are accurate, timely, and insightful
- A record of building relationships within the organization as well as the financial community
- Excel/Powerpoint fluency coupled with effective oral/written communication
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business, or a quantitative discipline
- CFA/CTP designation or MBA is a plus but not required
- A positive attitude with a willingness to grow with the role/company
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $150,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.