Director of Treasury Operations at Sundae (Remote)
Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process of selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheaply and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency, we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Tier 1 Venture Capital backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is composed of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact on people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
Sundae is looking to hire a Director of Treasury Operations to oversee all treasury activities, across Sundae’s various entities and banking relationships. This leader will build a best-in-class treasury department from the ground up, to support Sundae’s increasing scale and complex banking and credit operations. Our ideal candidate will be someone with demonstrated organizational leadership skills and passion for the treasury function.
This role reports to the Vice President of Accounting.
- Directly oversee cash management initiatives and day-to-day Treasury operations of a private equity backed company.
- Drive banking strategy and structure, evaluate new products and services, and negotiate bank fees.
- Prepare Sundae for growing complexity in our banking structure, maintain positive relationships with banking partners, and drive accountability by developing an annual review process.
- Develop and mentor teammates using your knowledge of industry best-practices and expertise implementing cash management processes and technical solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend mechanisms to address cash shortfalls and excesses at the operating entity level in increasingly complex regulatory environments.
- Develop treasury policies and implement systematic methods to ensure compliance.
- Develop new processes that promote strong internal controls, increase efficiency, and enable rapid scaling.
- A credible treasury professional with extensive experience in cash management and treasury operations.
- A strong leader with a growth mindset.
- Able to learn quickly and operate independently in a complex and evolving environment.
- Possess strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively create and scale a high-performing team
- Willingness to be hands-on with details
- Extreme attention to detail and high degree of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other business-related field. Advanced degree and/or professional certification (e.g. CTP) highly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience at a (mid-cap or larger) publicly traded company with direct corporate treasury experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, or using a treasury management system is preferred.
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash salary
- Stock option package
- Extremely competitive health benefits - 100% medical, dental, vision coverage
- Retirement benefits including pre- and post- tax options
- Unlimited PTO
- Work Remotely with home office allowance and cell and internet stipend
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Watch our overview video
Watch our customer testimonial