Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is seeking a solid, analytical, strategic, creative, knowledgeable, and visionary finance leader to join our Finance team as a Director, Finance - Technology. In this role, you will provide strategic and value-added financial leadership in partnership with our Engineering organization. You will partner with the Engineering team to drive alignment and resourcing planning decisions, helping to align the needs of the business to the financial plan for the company. This person will be a thought partner, owning and driving the agenda in their area of responsibility, by driving financially responsible opportunities, and improving accuracy of reporting/insights. Additionally, you will be involved in continuing to stand up a financial process for evaluating and tracking Global Technology decisions, including working cross-functionally with other organizations within Reddit to ensure decisions are well-thought through (tax, legal, accounting, audit, etc.).
If you are someone who is passionate about growing with a rising business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open and fast-growing environment, then this is a great role for you!
- Support Reddit’s Engineering Organization - Partner with Engineering leadership to provide financial modeling assistance for key business decisions including prioritizing resources and investments to get the best ROI.
- Strong thought leadership - Industry knowledge and business acumen to show a capability of influencing business leadership to drive results. You will have a passion for improving existing processes and be able to work across teams to achieve results.
- Deliver a technology P&L - Own financial forecasts, annual operating plan, budget tracking, and long range plan by partnering with various stakeholders. Establishing and communicating information about financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis; identifying and reporting risk and opportunity levels determined for the overall financial plan; providing actionable insights (e.g. productivity analysis, time allocation, ROI, contractor spend levels, etc).
- Cloud Reporting - Work closely with our team to track and report our KPIs against our most strategic Cloud Hosting agreements. Lead a new initiative to drive deep analysis on these costs by product(s) and the impact on overall company margin. Continue to lower costs and evaluate dual cloud environments with 3rd party providers.
- Communications and Presentations – Provides strategic input for business decisions by overseeing the production of complex financial models that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks; preparing presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations.
- Talent and Leadership – Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or similar quantitative discipline (MBA, CPA, not required, but highly preferred)
- 10+ years in FP&A experience with 2+ years of experience supporting cloud infrastructure and cloud cost analysis, and 5+ years of people management (role will be actively managing a small but highly productive team)
- Strong understanding of financial statements including B/S, P&L and drivers for margin.
- Experience with owning and leading planning and forecasting, large data sets and sophisticated models, proven proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint presentations and deck creation
- Strategic thinker that demonstrates leadership, vision, and insight
- Hands-on manager with a strong finance background
- Strong work ethic; high sense of urgency; ability to learn and deliver results in tight timeline
- Experience partnering with stakeholders across the organization and drive projects forward
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].