Director of Technical Accounting at Definitive Healthcare
At Definitive Healthcare, our passion is to transform data, analytics, and expertise into healthcare commercial intelligence. With our SaaS solutions, we help clients uncover the right markets, opportunities and people, so they can shape tomorrow’s healthcare industry.
Think you’d be a good addition to our team? Our employees are kind, collaborative, energetic, approachable and driven. On top of that, we value the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and voices of our employees. Why? Because these diverse experiences drive new ideas and help us build a better community.
We know how to have fun, too. At Definitive Healthcare, there are plenty of opportunities for employees to connect and kick back—whether it’s volunteering together at a DefinitiveCares event or joining one of our clubs and affinity groups.
Discover opportunity at Definitive Healthcare.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high-growth and high profit company of scale as we invest in our people and processes to continue to scale. Our revenue is growing 30+% annually, unlevered free cash flow margins exceed 35%, our total addressable market exceeds $10 billion and with our recent initial public offering in September 2021, we are on an incredibly exciting trajectory.
Based in Framingham Massachusetts, the Director of Technical Accounting will oversee all aspects of corporate technical accounting. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, and with visibility to the CFO and Audit Committee, you will partner closely with various teams including senior management, accounting operations, tax, FP&A, legal, corporate development, internal and external auditors and others to provide technical accounting guidance to ensure complex and unique transactions are structured optimally and reported appropriately.
As subject matter expert on technical accounting, the role will include accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos, providing technical guidance/support to various teams and playing a key role in M&A diligence, purchase accounting and integration, as we expect to make 1 to 2 strategic acquisitions each year. Additionally, you will drive oral and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for all technical and reporting matters, potentially including, but not be limited to, M&A strategy for joint ventures and VIE’s, financial risk management, interest rate and FX hedging, segment reporting, capitalized software, equity transactions, underwritten secondary offerings, SEC comment letter responses, tax accounting and other matters.
What you'll do:
- Provide global oversight of the technical accounting function and proactively monitor new and emerging accounting pronouncements from the FASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies
- Lead the implementation of new accounting and reporting standards by identifying and analyzing technical guidance, drafting policies and memos and providing guidance and training to the accounting team.
- Collaborate with leadership across the company and serve as a key partner in M&A strategy, financial risk management and as the “go-to” resource on technical accounting guidance.
- Support M&A strategy by participating in M&A due diligence, managing purchase price accounting, and assisting with integration activities while partnering with corporate development, legal, FP&A, accounting and tax groups and valuation firm.
- Be the subject matter expert for SEC reporting compliance, providing review, guidance and support on quarterly and annual filings, proxy and potential underwritten secondary offerings.
- Ensure that accounting policies are well understood and partner with various teams to reinforce and operationalize accounting policies.
- Proactively participate in the analysis of complex accounting matters, communicating results succinctly for non-accountants to understand.
- Train and mentor capable, but less technical teammates on complex accounting concepts.
- Serve as a critical team member for global transformation of internal financial and accounting systems and recommend improvements and/or changes.
- External audit support
- Participate in special projects, analysis and reporting as required by senior management
What you'll need:
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards with strong technical writing skills and experience in the implementation and handling of complex U.S. GAAP accounting matters with proven ability to research and clearly articulate and document complex technical accounting issues
- Self-directed and motivated to continuously improve processes to exceed customer expectations and help promote a best-in-class organization.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical skills and inter-personal skills and a proven ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Manager or Senior Manager experience in a major accounting firm on SEC registrants
- CPA certification required, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of relevant work experience required in a dynamic environment including high-growth, M&A and/or significant reorganizations
- Netsuite experience a plus
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information