Director – Tax Provision & Special Projects
The primary role of the Director – Tax Provision & Special Projects is to lead all aspects of the tax processes for timely and accurate financial reporting, including the quarterly calculations of the year-to-date and forecast effective tax rate, current and deferred tax provisions, taxes payable reconciliation, cash tax forecasts and related financial statement disclosures. This position is responsible for the entire ASC 740 tax reporting and forecasting process, including calculations, reconciliations, SOX documentation, and financial statement disclosures. The individual will work closely with many cross-functional groups including corporate accounting, treasury, and FP&A as well as our external audit firm and other members of the tax department.
- Calculate quarterly and annual tax accounting, including the tracking of all tax planning initiatives through the ETR and cash tax rate.
- Oversee all tax SOX controls, documentation, and support.
- Research tax technical and tax accounting issues and draft supporting memoranda.
- Review and consolidate global FIN 48 calculations and related annual disclosures. Coordinate with local finance teams to track global audit developments.
- Coordinate and communicate directly with other departments, including but not limited to local and regional controllership, technical accounting, treasury, and FP&A that support the tax reporting process.
- Assist in coordinating global tax planning, transactional, and compliance efforts, as well as supporting new business initiatives by analyzing tax accounting implications.
- Participate in and/or leading global finance initiatives.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ten years of tax provision experience preferable with a large accounting firm or corporate tax department.
- CPA and master's degree in tax preferred.
- Experience with OneSource or equivalent tax compliance and provision systems required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid Excel working knowledge.
- Proficient in building and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels.
- Effective communication skills with a shown capability to lead and make contributions to teams and initiatives.
- Must be self-sufficient, a great teammate, and work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
WE ARE PASSIONATELY COMMITTED TO LEADERSHIP, LEARNING, AND SUCCESS. WE EMBRACE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS AND EACH OTHER AS:
- ONE TEAM
- OPEN AND RESPECTFUL
As a federal contractor, Skillsoft requires all team members working in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Additionally, any Skillsoft team member traveling to the United States for business will also need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.