Director, Strategic Finance at Chainalysis
The Finance Team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating at a 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by optimizing the allocation of our resources.
The Director of Strategic Finance will own the company’s corporate model and the driver behind key business decisions and long-term planning at Chainalysis. We measure success by how well you enable executives and team leaders to make better business decisions and then evaluate, plan, execute and measure the resulting strategic business initiatives. You will also be a primary member of the team to help build a foundation towards becoming a public company.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Created a robust process around building and updating the company’s long-term corporate model
- Drove the company’s product forecasting process, including the financial impact of new products & packages, marketing offers and distribution channels, evaluating TAM and revenue impact of current and upcoming products
- Conducted ad-hoc analyses and built financial models to inform teams on operating strategies, investment recommendations, and new business opportunities
- Teamed with the FP&A team on the annual budgeting process and incorporating information from FP&A into the corporate model
- Prepared regular presentations to the Company’s Board of Directors and Investors
- Lead finance member in capital raises, including owning data room upkeep
- A primary contributor towards IPO readiness and M&A initiatives
A background like this helps:
- Investment banking and/or private equity experience preferred, coupled with an operational experience in SaaS is a strong plus
- Substantial experience with financial modeling and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Superior analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Ability to forge strong relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Strong record of building and managing teams
- A demonstrated interest in Cryptocurrencies/Blockchain Technology is a plus
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.