Director, (STAT) Financial Reporting at F&G (Des Moines, IA)
F&G is hiring for a Director, Financial Reporting. This position is responsible for Financial Reporting department leadership, development and supervision, as well as for the overall quality and timeliness of internal and external financial reporting. This position will interact regularly with various departments within F&G, third party outsourcers, external and internal auditors and insurance department staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives the financial reporting team’s execution of the NAIC statutory-basis annual and quarterly statements, including quality of the related footnotes, schedules and analysis
- Oversees the execution of the monthly/quarterly close activities, including providing guidance or direction on close activity issues / set-backs
- Delivers key financial information (e.g., KPIs) to internal stakeholders timely and accurately, including adding or changing that information to continue to meet the needs of the business
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to problem solve issues identified during the close / reporting processes and drives change to ensure those issues are resolved for future closes
- Design and execute internal controls designed to mitigate identified risks within the financial reporting process and oversees that process to ensure it continues to be responsive to the business being executed
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and implementing changes necessary to align with the company’s strategic vision, including delivering more timely results and improving the accuracy of results
- Leads the coordination of responses to requests of both internal and external auditors as part of the annual audit process
- Researches and analyzes regulatory, technical or other information, as deemed necessary
- Develops staff, seniors and managers through individual learning plans, on-the-job coaching and continuous feedback
- Provides special project support to CFO, Chief Accounting Officer and Controller & Deputy Chief Accounting Officer and other senior leadership as required, including, but not limited to acquisition, reinsurance, legal entity, regulatory and business transaction analysis, etc.
- Directs the coordination of statutory insurance department examinations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial reporting, accounting or auditing
- At least three years of leadership experience required
- Significant Life insurance or financial services experience required
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Financial reporting package and web filings experience preferred
- CPA license or MBA preferred
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.