Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Finance Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
This position will be reporting to VP, Corporate Controller. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated professional to be a key member of our technical accounting group. This position represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and finance expertise and work daily with a broad array of Corporate and segment level management on key issues. This position will also oversee the high-profile special projects within the Accounting and Finance function.
This person should have significant knowledge and experience in applying and interpreting technical accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements, as well as a good understanding of economics and business matters.
- Lead Company’s SEC reporting function owning the preparation and review of SEC filings, including Form’s 10-K and 10-Qs
- Work cross-functionally across the Company on SEC reporting matters for preparation and review of financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, and relevant disclosure checklists
- Drive the quarterly drafting and review cycle including the quarterly disclosure committee meetings and meetings with the leaders of the business functions.
- Assist in the preparation and review of audit schedules for the quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Research and document accounting positions for complex transactions
- Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements and ventures.
- Lead the monthly close process relating to lease accounting including technical accounting of new leases
- Follow emerging accounting issues and proactively analyze their impact on the Company’s results and financial position and lead implementation of new accounting standards
- Provide guidance and training on technical accounting issues to various constituents within the Company
- Assist FP&A team with regular forecasts and budgetary process relating to relevant technical accounting transactions
- Assist IR Team with any questions relating to Company’s financial statements and accounting positions
- Train and develop team members and provide periodic feedback to team members regarding performance and requirements
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA is required
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience preferred, including Big Four public accounting experience
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals
- Outstanding project management skills to establish and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
- 401K match and ESPP
- Flexible PTO
- Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
- Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
- Pet insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
- Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
- Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Finance team gives you an incredible opportunity to manage stratospheric growth and learn from the best. It’s an unmatched opportunity to put your professional and personal growth on an upward trajectory. You’ll lead change at a $1.5 billion company that’s growing 30% every year—in a people-first environment designed to power your career.
Our work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.