Director, Sales Finance at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is looking for an experienced finance leader to join the team as the Director, Sales Finance. This role will be responsible for managing a team, overseeing the financial planning, analysis, budgeting, and management reporting for our Global Ad Sales team. Your primary responsibility is to be the trusted advisor for our Ad Sales Executives and drive streamlined reporting and ad hoc analysis to provide greater insights impacting our internal and external stakeholders.
If you are someone who is passionate about growing with a rising business, values efficiency and creative problem-solving using financial/quantitative metrics, and thrives in a fast-paced, open and fast-growing environment, then this is a great role for you!
- Develop a deep understanding of the go-to-market organization and partner with sales leaders to align business and financial goals
- Proactively manage the planning and forecasting processes across the organization
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
- Provide insightful and actionable recommendations for decision making through data analysis
- Meet deliverables and requests from business partners, including corporate FP&A, accounting, and other cross-functional teams
- Fulfill ad-hoc and regular requests to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision making
- Define, develop and continuously create strategic sales planning for the company
- Collaborate with our sales leaders to be the owner of the sales forecast and a key contributor to our timely and accurate forecasting cadence
- Be a leader to our high performing Sales Finance team, leading by example
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics or similar quantitative discipline (MBA, CPA, not required, but preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in a finance/sales finance function or exhibiting an exceptionally strong background in some other relevant and applicable area of business
- 6+ years of people management experience
- Strategic thinker that demonstrates leadership, vision, and insight
- Hands-on manager with a strong finance background
- Strong work ethic; high sense of urgency; ability to learn and deliver results in tight timeline
- Experience partnering with stakeholders across the organization and drive projects forward
- Experience with owning and leading planning and forecasting, large data sets and sophisticated models, proven proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint presentations and deck creation
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].