Okta is seeking a world-class pricing and market strategy professional to lead the pricing effort for Okta’s entire product portfolio. The Director of Pricing will lead the creation of pricing proposals, pricing models, quantitative analysis, customer and field validation and launch for all pricing initiatives at Okta. This person will own designing pricing strategy across various markets and segments and optimizing various routes to market. He/she will ensure Okta has operational excellence in the implementation of all pricing decisions.
This role is heavily collaborative. The person in this role will work across product teams to determine the best pricing strategy and plans as we launch new products. He/she will drive and maintain the pricing-packaging and the market strategy roadmap. In addition, this person will work with product management and business operations teams to implement pricing changes within the product and in business systems. Finally, the pricing leader will ensure that the proposal lands successfully with the field and customers.
As Okta rapidly launches new products and expands into new markets, this role is critical to our success. A successful person in this role will have a combination of skills across product, customers, business strategy, analytics, project management, communication and collaboration.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Lead the pricing and market strategy PMM team to create, present and launch pricing and market strategies that will help Okta achieve its long term revenue and market penetration goals.
- Collaborate with leaders in sales, marketing, and product organizations to craft new pricing proposals, business models, monetization strategies for new products and optimize existing pricing and packaging.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Provide well-reasoned pricing change recommendations to leaders across the organization and the executive team.
- Drive cross-sell and up-sell opportunities through pricing and packaging strategies.
- Lead pricing changes from approval by the pricing committee through to implementation.
- Define and evaluate Key Performance Indicators to track impact of pricing changes and enable continuous improvements.
- Provide content for Okta’s official pricing webpages and maintain official pricing documentation.
- Launch the proposed pricing changes along with PMM - Provide messaging, sales enablement content, newsletters and FAQs. Present the proposal to the entire customer facing organization - sales, SEs, support, services etc so that they are well equipped to succeed.
- Provide in-deal support to the sales team to assist in strategic opportunities and support ramping new sales team members.
- Build pricing training content for the sales team and train sales on how to approach pricing conversations with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in strategy consulting, product management, product marketing or corporate strategy, ideally at a SaaS or enterprise software company.
- Ability to quickly grasp new product concepts across a variety of technologies, consistently apply critical and structured thinking to new areas.
- Action-oriented to solve problems and get a lot done in short timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization.
- Personal interest in digital identity
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.