Director of Payments, Partnerships at Remote (Remote)
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) ****to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!How we work
We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.The position
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal impact in how we are enabling anyone to build wealth through better payments as Director of Payments Partnerships.
As an inspiring leader, you will own the planning, implementation and overseeing of Remote’s entire Payments Payments Strategy and Implementation alongside the Director of Payments. Remote is building the future of financial services for a more equitable world.
This role will work with large global teams, therefore a clear understanding of how to manage teams asynchronously, will be crucial to the success of these teams.
You will be reporting to the VP of Finance.Requirements
- You have 10+ years of working experience
- You are passionate about and have a deep knowledge of global and emerging payments technologies, product solutions, commercial and operational frameworks
- You have solid experience working internationally with global payment systems, payment service providers, acquirers and alternative payment methods
- You have experience in the implementation of new payment systems
- You have a customer-oriented approach, with a pragmatic personality
- You are passionate about accomplishing goals and ensuring quality
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions
- You are able to quickly adapt to a very fast-paced, international, scale-up environment
- You write and speak fluent English
- You have remote work experience (not required, but nice to have)
- Directly responsible for payment partnerships at Remote
- Manage the partnership between Remote and the payment service providers and third-party vendor
- Set and achieve quantifiable goals
- Hire & lead a high-performance team across the globe
- Closely collaborate within Global Payments so to maximise synergies
- Improve & optimise on an on-going basis processes, workflows, partners and tools
- Deliver great value to Remote's employees and clients
- Coach & nurture Remote's payments team
- Collaborate across all Remote's functions so to maximise coordination and minimise blockers
- Stay up-to-date with international financial services law
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
- Be an internal and external champion of Remote's values and the team's goals
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.Benefits
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).Practicals
- You'll report to: VP of Finance
- Team: FinTech
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Senior Director, Payments
- Interview with Director of Engineering
- Interview with Senior Manager, Payments OR Senior Product Manager, Payments
- Interview with VP of Finance
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Please fill out the form below.