Director, Investor Relations & Strategic Finance at Invitae
Invitae is a unique and aspirational company that is seeking to recruit an aspirational and unique manager to partner with the executive team as the Director, Investor Relations. The candidate will have the ability to manage internally and externally and help shape investor opinion on performance and long-term strategy. They will serve a key role on the investor relations team, including quarterly reporting, enabling productive relationships with the buyside and sellside communities, building and sustaining credibility with long-term investors, and providing useful information to management and the public on a timely basis.
Role responsibilities include:
- Provides on-going information to executive/management team regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, competitive intelligence from equity research positions and summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis
- Collaborate with Finance, Communication and Legal teams in crafting the company’s messaging for the financial community including earnings calls, investor presentations at conferences, non-deal roadshows, etc.
- Supports the Quarterly earnings results process, schedule, and the content of strategic news releases
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics; identify/track key themes and topics for investor discussion to inform our team and executives on emerging trends
- Build models and leverage data analysis to understand complex relationships, identify key trends, and gain insight on our revenue/expense line items, drivers and scalability
- Lead the development of long term strategic financial modeling to build alignment of Invitae’s vision, operational metrics and external guidance
- Competitive and strategic analysis on Invitae, its peers, and the industry as well as buy/sell-side trends to help keep management aware of the markets and investor views on Invitae
- Challenge status quo – identify opportunities for process improvement Qualifications
Be prepared to be tested on your finance, analytical/math, and modeling skills.
- Exceptional analytical, math and modeling skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or other relevant field
- CFA, MBA preferred
- 10 years of relevant experience with financial modeling (e.g. investment banking and/or investment management)
- Strong financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information and financial concepts for the investment community and management and apply them in business analysis situations.
- Demonstrate understanding of life science industry and business models. Must demonstrate the desire and capacity to learn about our industry, products, competitors and other key audiences
- Excellent proficiency in Excel. While not required, experience with financial research tools such as FactSet and/or Capital IQ is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills. History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. Strong project management skills with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills