Director, Investment Operations (Remote) at Circle
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Investment Operations team owns the investment of the reserves backing USD Coin (“USDC”). As thought leaders on investment and risk management, the team is responsible for ensuring that reserves are invested pursuant to approved investment policies, while also ensuring that Circle maintains sufficient liquidity and capital to account for ongoing changes in the size and composition of the reserve. In addition, the Investment Operations team owns financial projections for USDC used to forecast Circle’s near and long term reserve positioning. As a Director, Investment Operations, you will be responsible for developing a proprietary view of interest rates and credit risk which will be used to articulate an ongoing and evolving strategy for investing the reserve. You will own the USDC reserve forecast, which includes identifying growth opportunities and potential constraints, and ensuring that Circle is well positioned to meet all of its investment objectives. In addition, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with partner institutions including banks, investment managers, and custodial agents. This role will work closely with various groups within Circle to ensure that USDC flows are well understood and forecasted, and executed flawlessly from an operational perspective. This is a critical senior level position with significant visibility and exposure to executive leadership of the firm.
What you'll work on:
- Owning the framework for forecasting Circle’s USDC revenue over time
- Developing a proprietary view on interest rates and credit risk, and ensuring an effective strategy for generating yield through a combination of banking partners and investment managers
- Investing the USDC reserve pursuant to the approved investment policy
- Scaling the USDC reserve function to support expected continued robust growth in USDC balances
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing financial partners, including Minority Deposit Institutions
- Owning an effective risk management framework to ensure liquidity and capital sufficiency in regular and stressed environments
- Developing USDC reporting to demonstrate Circle’s compliance with all applicable financial regulations and best practices
- Authoring commentary shared with executive leadership used to articulate Circle’s interest rate and credit risk positioning, and explaining variances to forecast
- Quantifying interest rate risk associated with the reserve, and ensuring appropriate capital allocation and attribution
- Leading evaluation and implementation of automation solutions for relevant processes to minimize manual reporting and process flows
- Driving partnership with internal stakeholders to develop a leading data strategy that allows timely and accurate reporting and decision making
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years experience in a Corporate Treasury or financial management function
- Superb attention to detail, with an ability to communicate important facts and information to different stakeholders across internal and external functions
- A “think forward” mentality, anticipating issues and challenges that may arise as the function grows in size and complexity, and developing solutions in advance
- A demonstrated ability to resolve a wide range of ad-hoc issues by applying knowledge and technical expertise, with little to no prior instructions
- An ability to effectively manage both day to day process details, as well as a relentless focus on long term strategy and planning
- A strong desire and passion to continually learn and apply knowledge to constantly evolving and improving a best-in-class function
- Prior experience in investment management and liquidity risk management
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote