Director, International Tax at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This position reports to: Sr Director of International Tax
Location: Santa Clara, CA
We are seeking motivated and experienced International Tax Director who is interested in joining our world class Corporate Tax team. You will be responsible for managing international tax compliance, provision and planning support to assist the business in achieving its goals in a tax-efficient manner. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and to work closely and proactively with numerous functional teams across our organization. This position will be based in Santa Clara, California and report to Senior Director, International Tax.
- Direct, lead and manage international tax accounting and provision. Partner with the local accounting and tax team to ensure all books and records are prepared to satisfy tax requirements including tax provisions and deferred analysis in the consolidation of the international tax inputs
- Forecasting and analysis of quarterly and annual effective tax rates. Work with FP&A to improve forecasting accuracy
- Manage the international tax portion of US tax returns, including reviewing US international tax calculations such as GILTI, FDII, subpart F, FTC etc.
- Provide technical support to modeling implications of tax initiatives and proposed tax law changes
- Review and approve international tax filings and provision-to-return true up
- Manage and review the company’s transfer pricing calculations for inter-company transactions
- Provide strategic support on tax examinations and inquiries by IRS.
- Ensure all tax process control documentations, tax policies and procedures, and disclosure controls are effective, maintained, and updated in accordance with all legal requirements including SOX 404 requirements.
- Support tax transformation initiatives to automate tax processes and enhance tax data analytics
- Build collaborative working relationships with legal, accounting, FP&A, and corporate development with regard to tax impacts and communication of tax considerations
- Partner with business functions to advise on tax aspects of new business initiatives
- Monitor and analyze US and international tax regulatory and compliance developments, tax law changes, and analyze/document impact to the Company
- Ad hoc tax projects as needed
- At least 15 years of relevant international tax experience in Big 4 and/or high-tech industry
- MST and CPA or JD, LLM
- Significant experience in ASC 740 financial reporting for international tax matters
- Experience with planning related to recent US tax reform (TCJA), including analyzing GILTI, FDII, BEAT, foreign tax credit related tax issues, international IP structure, IP valuation, withholding tax, PE, and transfer pricing
- Knowledge of transfer pricing issues encountered by U.S. multi-national technology companies
- Experience in US and foreign direct (income tax, withholding tax) and indirect tax (VAT/GST)
- Advanced Excel skills required. Experience in SAP, OneSource Tax Provision, and Alteryx is a plus
- Independent and self-driven with the ability to find solutions and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to scrutinize, challenge, and propose changes to existing processes and procedures.
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Growth mindset and willingness to embrace change
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.