Jellyvision is hiring a Director, FP&A
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
What we do
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
Who we are
Jellyvision is committed to continuous evolution and to fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected. It doesn’t matter your race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, or country of origin...we just want amazing people who are willing to grow along with us.
How you’ll help
We are looking for a Director to provide overall leadership and management for all company financial forecasts, budgets, and financial planning activities. The desired candidate delivers value-added analysis and relevant financial and operating metrics that drive sound business decisions. We are looking for a hands-on and results-oriented leader who will develop P&L and KPI management reporting requirements. This role will develop and report on established financial metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
What you’ll do
- Lead key business planning, forecasting and budgeting process, as well as monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting.
- Drive budgeting, forecasting and business analysis, reporting, process improvement and simplification. Lead management reviews through the preparation of monthly financial material outlining the company's performance versus budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Interact with functional teams to ensure FP&A alignment with stated objectives and goals, providing analysis and ad hoc reporting. Ensure financial material from teams have been properly vetted and key issues discussed.
- Analyze and extract insights from complex data; communicate concisely to stakeholders.
- Perform monthly financial analysis for each business segment on key metrics and financial drivers. Support review and development of presentation material for executive meetings.
- Fulfill ad-hoc and regular requests to drive corporate performance and key decision making.
- Communicate and present financial and operations results to the executive team.
- Assist the executive team in analyzing strategic decisions, budgeting, and monitoring overall financial performance.
- Support departments with reporting and analysis on PL variance, CapEx management.
- Manage financial due diligence and internal financial reporting.
- Monitor financial reporting improvement and automation initiatives.
- Support new business processes by reviewing financial impact and funding ROI decisions.
- Co-lead finance system improvements and automation initiatives.
- Ensure process controls and discipline are in place and aligned with financial accounting.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to establish a solid business forecast.
Experience you’ll need
- Must possess deep finance analysis, modeling, and decision-making capabilities.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- High competency in understanding of financial accounting and GAAP.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Excel, Looker, Salesforce, Intacct & other Accounting programs.
- Financial acumen
- Plans and aligns
- Balances stakeholders
- Business insight
- Communicates effectively
- Drives results
- Manages ambiguity
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!