Specifically, you will:
- Create, update, and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts of ChowNow’s future operations
- Work directly with the Chief Financial Officer on assessing new business lines and revenue opportunities with a financial lense
- Assess and track ChowNow’s overall financial health, primarily by using key financial ratios common to SaaS companies and consumer marketplaces
- Track and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), financial metrics and benchmarks
- Determine gross margin and net margin contributions of our products or product lines
- Examine and evaluate the cost-efficiency of each department, in light of what percentage of the company’s financial resources each department consumes
- Work with individual departments to prepare budgets and consolidate into ChowNow’s overall corporate budget
- Compare historical operating results against budgets and forecasts, and perform variance analyses to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Consider opportunities for ChowNow to expand or grow; map out growth plans, including capital expenditures investments, and acquisitions.
- Evaluate new investments or products by looking at return on investment analyses
- Build monthly and quarterly reporting packages for senior management team and the Board of Directors
- Prepare merger, acquisition, and valuation analyses as needed
- Build relationships with peers and financial leaders across the organization
- Assist in preparing management presentations, highlighting the Company’s financial performance
- Assist Investor Relations with quarterly earnings and other external communications
Within 30 Days, You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Have met with the broader team, and established relationships with your colleagues in the Finance Department and peers in departments you’ll be working closely with
- Work with Finance leadership to understand current forecast model and regular financial reporting needs
- Develop an understanding of the complex interrelationship between revenue drivers and spend, and how to capture those dynamics in an optimized model
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Train under Finance leadership to update and maintain current forecast model
- Work with our Data team (Team DnA) to develop and generate regular financial reporting
- In partnership with Finance leadership, evaluate software stack for FP&A team
Within 90 Days, You’ll:
- Share ownership of the company’s financial model
- Provide monthly financial updates to investors on company’s performance
- Conduct quarterly budget to actual reviews with the company’s various departments
- Provide insights and recommendations gained from various analyses
You Should Apply If:
- You have 5+ years experience in a FP&A, Accounting, Investment Banking, or Management Consulting role
- You have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with financial modelling
- Marketplace and/or SaaS experience a big plus
- You have a high attention to detail as deliverables will often be presented to senior management where accuracy is essential
- You have strong presentation skills as you will be required to communicate complex information in a simplified manner
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with employees of all levels
- You’re eager to learn in a fast-paced environment and you’re not afraid to ask probing questions
- You have a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment under short timelines and changing priorities
- You are analytically minded and able to make data-driven decisions
- You are trustworthy and demand the same of coworkers
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote first culture and monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.