Director of Financial Systems at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies. We are looking for a Director of Finance Systems to lead and build a strong systems function supporting our Finance and Accounting departments. Our ideal candidate will have significant experience in implementing and maintaining business systems including NetSuite, Salesforce, billing tools, and other enterprise applications within the Finance ecosystem. You also enjoy working closely with business stakeholders to solve problems in strategic, scalable, and efficient ways. This is a full time position that could be fully remote or based out of one of our offices in Denver, CO or Oakland, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the function responsible for development and administration of NetSuite and Salesforce along with other finance applications within Fivetran including procurement, expense, and billing tools
- Guide system solution and technical approach to solving business problems
- Institute long term documentation and knowledge base processes
- Offer strategic guidance and leadership to cross-functional teams in the IT organization that impact or are impacted by Finance applications
- Partner with stakeholders and leaders to develop system roadmaps and long term strategies for process improvement and automation within the Finance and Accounting ecosystem
- Become expert in the Finance and Accounting business processes and priorities within Fivetran
- Assist in cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken, conflicting, or dependent requirements
- Support the Finance team during month-end, quarter-end and year-end process.
- Manage vendor relationships and system integrator engagements
- Communicate regularly with executive and senior leadership on project status and risk mitigation
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and success of completed projects
Skills We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of hands on experience with ERP systems (NetSuite, SAP, Oracle) acting as SME and trusted partner to stakeholders
- 8+ years leading stakeholders and internal teams in developing and executing against holistic system roadmaps
- Strong working knowledge of multiple ERP Finance modules: General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Fixed
- Assets, Order To Cash, Procure To Pay and Cash Management modules
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley with experience in developing and supporting key controls for SOX compliance and audit.
- Experience with the following systems is preferred: Avalara, Stripe, Vistra, Workday, Expensify, Airbase, Xactly and more
- Strong understanding of integration best practices and integration platforms (e.g. Celigo)
- Experience developing processes for writing BRD’s, Functional & Technical Specifications and UAT scripts within internal teams
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Experience working with a distributed team across time zones
- Excellent understanding of Finance/Accounting processes
- Implementation experience includes project management, issue management and resolution, and change management
- Be highly organized with the ability to balance multiple projects at the same time
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Perks and Benefits:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral Bonuses
- Stock equity -- every employee is granted stock options when they walk in the door
- Annual Camp Fivetran trip that brings together every employee from around the world
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.