You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
The FP&A Director will be a key asset in both the day-to-day operations and the future growth of the company. You will spear-head Helix’s financial forecasting and budgeting process, as well as collaborate cross-functionally on special projects as they arise. As the analytical engine of business operations, you will work closely with senior management and key stakeholders to provide financial consulting and strategic support for optimal business decision making. This role reports into the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will work alongside a team that consists of a Corporate Controller, Cost Accounting Manager, and Accountant.
As our company rapidly grows, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who are comfortable in a start-up environment with limited direction and unlimited ambition to get it done. Ultimately, we want those who can metabolize our core values to fuel discovery as we strive to accomplish something bigger than ourselves. And, of course, have a little fun in the process.
- Full P&L ownership (revenue, COGS, OPEX, EBITDA)
- Own the financial models that drive various planning and forecasting cycles (annual budgeting, monthly/quarterly outlooks)
- Prepare ad hoc financial models (high level and bottoms up) for board and executive presentations
- Assist in preparing regular financial reviews to provide insights into drivers of bookings, revenue, and costs, as well as the presentation of such analyses against actual results and prior forecasts
- Evaluate business line performance, working capital management, and profitability metrics to inform the development of company-level strategic goals
- Provide department level finance support and monthly financial reports
- Prepare budget to actual reports by department level and corporate level
- Assist with global processes to enable efficient and accurate reporting
- Assist the CFO in preparing reports for senior management, board members, and investors
- Lend your cross-functional knowledge and financial perspective to help key stakeholders across the entire organization make informed business decisions
- Continuously assess opportunities to foster collaboration and automation that can adapt to evolving business needs, especially in financial/KPI reporting
- Improve visibility and usability of our existing data
- Work closely with the Commercial team (BD, Strategy, Partnerships) on investor presentations and other projects
- Bachelors or masters degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, private equity, consulting, or finance & strategy in a corporate environment and/or healthcare industry
- Excellent analytical/quantitative and communication skills and executive presence
- Advanced financial modeling skills (building and owning a three statement model, valuation and pricing analyses) with sharp business acumen
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite (Sheets, Slides), Microsoft Office (Excel), and NetSuite
- Deep understanding of GAAP principles
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for creative problem solving
- Proactive and self-motivated with a “get stuff done” mentality
- Industry or academic background in healthcare and/or life sciences (pharma, biotech, medtech/diagnostics)
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to tell a story focused on insights, not just numbers
What Helix Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
Our Commitment to You
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.