Director, Financial Planning & Analysis - Consolidations (Remote) at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
We are looking for a Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to join our team. As a key leader within the FP&A team, the Director will be responsible for driving global consolidation for the LivePerson.
The FP&A team is dedicated to providing LivePerson's leadership with the visibility, data, analytics, insights, structure and strategic guidance that is needed to make the best decisions possible as the company pursues its long-term goals. FP&A contains experts from a variety of finance backgrounds, with a shared dedication to providing LivePerson leaders with an understanding of the financial impact of meaningful decisions.
In this role you will:
- Lead global revenue & expense consolidations efforts through long-term strategy planning, budget reviews, forecasting and analytics.
- Develop others and yourself as a continual learner
- Seek and analyze data from FP&A team members, as well as from business partners, as necessary support decisions and to align others with the Company’s overall strategy
- Prepare financial reporting package after aligning with Accounting. Ensure a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy as well as highlighting and communicating key business insights to leadership.
- Design processes to drive cohesion, collaboration, accountability and knowledge-sharing across relevant business and finance disciplines with a strategic viewpoint planning for the short and long term.
- Partner with the business, FP&A counterparts and the broader organization to evaluate the effectiveness of current plans & initiatives, communicate key insights, and make recommendations to senior leadership
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty and has the ability to adapt nimbly and move through complex situations
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the entrepreneurial spirit and what is needed to support a creative and aspirational organization that seeks to balance discipline with flexibility
Your qualifications are:
- BA or BS in finance or accounting or similar, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years' Finance experience including FP&A experience supporting a business unit or in a consolidation function
- Experience leading a team
- Understanding of FP&A craft and interdependencies with other Finance functions
- Brings both strategic vision and best practices to guide the FP&A process and team
- Strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts, particularly those commonly used in SaaS/Enterprise Software companies
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint or another planning tool in additional to general modeling.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment with a sense of urgency
- Experience at a SaaS or enterprise software company is ideal
- Global experience a plus
- Experience with SAP and Tableau (or similar) a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
On October 22, 2021, LivePerson was named in Newsweek's 100 Most Loved Workplaces list coming in at #46. Per the Best Practices Institute (the conductor of the research), the rankings were determined after surveying more than 800,000 employees from businesses with workforces varying in size from 50 to more than 10,000. The list pays tribute to companies that put respect, caring and appreciation for their employees at the center of their business model and, in doing so, have earned the loyalty and respect of the people who work for them.
Five key areas were measured to gauge employee sentiment:
- the level of collaboration at the company;
- how positive workers are about their future at the company;
- how much employer values align with employee values;
- respect at all levels; and
- career achievement.
Given the many challenges that arose from COVID-19, the survey also included company responses and adaptability to the pandemic, like return-to-office rules; workplace diversity, equity and inclusion as well as compensation and benefits policies and practices. Additionally, LivePerson was also named as one of FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. It offers amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. It embraces invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits plus flexible time off. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
On November 2, 2021, Live Person has also been named to the list of best led companies in 2021 by INC. The data-driven list recognizes 250 “ remarkable companies run by remarkable leadership teams” selected from a total of 10,000 evaluated firms. Companies were analyzed via an algorithm that identified the best companies according to their leadership teams’ accomplishments in four areas: performance and value creation, market penetration and customer engagement, talent and leadership team. All 250 companies named to the list have a successful track record with leadership teams that spur solid performance, create value, penetrate markets, engage with customers, and more.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.