Director of Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) at MoonPay (Remote)
MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030! 🚀
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide. 🌎
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B - Be Humble
- L - Lead with Empathy
- O - Own It
- C - Communicate Clearly
- K - Kaizen
The Compliance Team
As the Director of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), you’ll join our team leading MoonPay and its compliance operations and investigative group responsible for day-to-day oversight.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML/BSA, Sanctions, investigations, and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) compliance, who is extremely strategic and enjoys solving problems. We are currently looking for candidates in the US region.
What you’ll do 👀
- Serves as a voting/core member of the SAR Committee overseeing and managing all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) reporting process.
- Trains and organizes staff to ensure appropriate policies, procedures, and processes exist to effectively assess FRAML alerts are investigated, dispositioned, and makes determination on potential suspicious activity.
- Ensures all SAR filings are completed within the prescribed Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) timeframe and ensures the highest quality for filings.
- As a subject matter expert responsible for all investigative training and development of staff.
- The approver for all program procedures related to SARs, investigations, transaction monitoring, fraud, sanctions, and cyber reporting responsibilities.
- Reviews and investigates, as appropriate, all law enforcement requests and government inquiries.
- Direct supervision of all functional operations managers responsible for development and performance reviews for them and their staff.
- Ensure all inter-departmental communications related to regulatory compliance are strong and well defined/documented.
- Act as the point of contact for all law enforcement secure documentation portals.
- Lead and manage the compliance governance efforts for alerts, sanctions, investigations, financial crimes as part of the Financial Crimes Committee.
- Enhance existing change control and governance processes to ensure effective compliance with AML/Sanctions/Customer Protection/Ethics compliance programs.
- Key leader in reinforcing the Compliance Issue Management process. Ensure documentation is collected, processed, and assessed to assess severity and develop corrective actions with subject matter experts in the FIU.
- Orchestrate compliance committees FIU inputs including the financial crimes compliance committee and quarterly board meetings for the parent and all subsidiaries.
- Own and manage the single point of truth for all compliance governance for the FIU.
- Proactively identify gaps in documentation and establish appropriate corrective action processes are in place to resolve the issues.
- Familiarity with FFIEC requirements applicable to financial institutions and their service providers.
You should apply if
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- 7+ years experience at a financial institution, ideally in FinTech and/or MSBs.
- 7+ years of experience with regulatory compliance in the finance industry (i.e. PCI DSS, DFS, GDPR etc.).
- 7+ years of experience leading compliance initiatives from inception to implementation.
- ACAMS, CFE, BSA/AML, CFCS, AML, ACFE, OFAC, CRCM accreditation.
- B.A./B.S. degree; and research experience a plus.
- Experience with leading Anti-Money Laundering, specifically a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
- Experience working with auditors and/or external regulators.
- Experience reporting compliance posture to senior stakeholders.
- Experience in working in a global and diverse work environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to take lead on cross functional teams, to drive initiatives and improve internal processes.
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Customer oriented in your approach.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional languages will be considered an asset.
- First-rate decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain a strong operational focus with the capacity to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- B.A./B.S. degree; legal credentials or research experience a plus.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you are only a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Screen (30 mins)
- Hiring Manager Screen (45 minutes)
- Compliance Screen (50 minutes)
- Final interviews (2-3 hours)
- Stock options 📈
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent) 🪑
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless 🚀
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working 🌎
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility 💪