Director Finance at Promethean (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:47 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Who is Promethean?
Collaborative discovery is at the heart of the learning experience. With more than two decades helping people learn and grow together, Promethean is a true partner for educators, innovators, and business leaders. Our award-winning interactive displays and lesson delivery solutions transform learning and workspaces into creative, connected environments to foster collective success.
At the heart of Promethean is a team of education strategists, designers, and technologists that is dedicated to inspiring engagement and empowering teachers and students around the world. Our goal is to make education technology commonplace in all learning environments, and we strive every day to develop intuitive solutions that speed learning, insights, and creativity.
The Promethean team spans the globe and our work impacts the lives of millions of teachers and students. We stand by our solutions and our employees, offering highly competitive benefits and compensation, as well as providing a work-life balance that lifts and sustains us as we navigate a new future.
We are #TeamPromethean. Join us.
The Finance team is responsible for the accounting and financial activities of the organization. Our team shares a passion for analyzing data and furthering education. Our global team works collaboratively with all departments to ensure accurate and timely data, enabling leadership with reliable information to maintain our leading position in EdTech.
The Director of Finance will serve as a strategic individual for the assigned areas with managerial accounting and financial management experience in a constantly evolving environment. They will drive the annual budget, monthly forecast process and actual results. The overall financial planning process, and provide recommendations and analysis to support decision making. This role will communicate results and provide forward looking guidance to the leadership team to grow revenue and effective cost management.
- Advise all aspects of strategic plan, budget, actual results, reports, and financial processes
- Build financial models to provide analyses and projection of investment decisions and operational efficiency
- Provide insights to management team around financial modeling and cost savings initiatives
- Build, mentor, and train team to support growth of company
- Standardize, validate data, and develop reports and enhance automation
- Grasp and provide feedback on various financial models and reports that team members design
- Partner with senior leaders and finance teams to support/drive new business decisions (across the organization)
- Streamline month end close process to align actual results with forecasting and budgeting and increase accuracy of budgeting and forecasting
- Drive cross functional collaboration
- Perform ad-hoc projects and adapt to change
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or other business-related field is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with financial planning and analysis; accounting background a plus
- Strong project management skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to successfully balance multiple challenging priorities and timelines
- Use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and good judgment in solutions of problems
- Ability to summarize at a high-level with attention to detail, and work with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the utilization of MS office, BI, reporting tools
Effective February 7th, 2022, all Promethean employees, workers and contractors who visit any Promethean US office, conduct any work related in-person interaction with other Promethean employees regardless of location where the work is being conducted and or have any work related, in-person interaction with customers where the customer requires vaccination or testing to work in-person with them are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Official documentation of vaccination status must be provided on your first day of employment. Remote workers are subject to this policy only in the event that they visit a Promethean office, come into physical contact with Promethean employees for work related purposes, or must visit a customer location where that customer requires either testing or full vaccination. If you have a medical or religious exemption please contact Recruiting.
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.
More Information on Promethean
Promethean operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Seattle, WA and Alpharetta , GA. Promethean was founded in 1996. It has 740 total employees. To see all 24 open jobs at Promethean, click here.
Read Full Job Description