Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human. After just four years in market, the company has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About The Team
Drift is looking to add a Director of FP&A to lead our financial planning, forecasting and business partnership functions. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Boston. This person will be a critical member of a team that will help scale the company by building and fostering key business partnerships across the organization.
You will be customer-centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels, and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
In this role you will
- Be a trusted business partner to executive leadership as the go-to person for all analytical support, thinking and going beyond budget variances and expense management to help the business achieve operational goals and strategy
- Lead the creation of our detailed operating plan, capacity models and long-term corporate financial model; track ongoing changes to the business in the rolling forecast
- Lead a team of three analysts (with planned future growth) playing a key role in their day to day and professional development
- Partner with the operations team to forecast and analyze bookings and revenue trends
- Be responsible for monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyzing financial results, understanding key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating/presenting key messages to senior management.
- Assist in developing the company’s financial model and positioning as we move towards the public markets
- Perform ad-hoc business case and scenario analysis to support strategic initiatives
- Collaborate across various teams to assess unit-level economics, key business KPIs and benchmarks for go-to-market teams and the company
- Establish working relationship with Talent organization - aligning with the Recruiting team on the hiring plan, aligning with HR on Talent Management initiatives
- Develop and refine our use of Adaptive Insights
- Support the accounting team in the month end close process
What You Should Have
- 7 to 10 years of FP&A or Sales Operations experience, with the last 3 to 5 years leading teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of executive management
- Experience in high growth companies and comfortable working on a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows
- A “can do it” attitude with a passion for making a difference, developing people and having fun with what you are creating
- Experience working with planning solutions (Adaptive Insights, preferred, or Planful), NetSuite, Salesforce and BI tools such as Looker
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn
something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]