SentinelOne is defining the future of cybersecurity through our XDR platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Singularity XDR ingests data and leverages our patented AI models to deliver autonomous protection. With SentinelOne, organizations gain full transparency into everything happening across the network at machine speed – to defeat every attack, at every stage of the threat lifecycle.
We are a values-driven team where names are known, results are rewarded, and friendships are formed. Trust, accountability, relentlessness, ingenuity, and OneSentinel define the pillars of our collaborative and unified global culture. We're looking for people that will drive team success and collaboration across SentinelOne. If you’re enthusiastic about innovative approaches to problem-solving, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!
What are we looking for?
SentinelOne is seeking a Director of Finance and Sales Controller to analyze the financial impact of all revenue-generating activity for the Company. This person will help ensure that deals follow appropriate compliance rules, interface with Revenue Accounting and Deal Desk, provide Finance’s sign-off for deals, and act as the key business partner for the SVP of Worldwide Sales and SVP of Business Development on all things revenue.
The decisions the Sales Controller will influence will be of two main types: yes / no decisions (“Do we do this or not?”) and extent decisions (“How much of this do we do?”). Whether a deal features a customer with a complex cost profile, an OEM with several revenue streams, or a managed service provider in a specific market, the Sales Controller will apply (1) a sharp understanding of economics, accounting, corporate finance, and strategy to (2) build robust financial models that incorporate information from internal and external sources, then (3) summarize findings and provide recommendations in a way that achieves the ultimate goal of (4) maximizing the company’s value.
The ideal candidate will have (a) a strong knowledge of finance, accounting, and strategy, (b) exceptional financial modeling skills (Excel and Google Sheets), (c) sharp understanding of subscription software business models that have direct and indirect go-to-market motions, (d) experience supporting business partners who are C-level executives, (e) excellent interpersonal skills, (f) a proactive self-starting mindset, and (g) comfort with a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role is a visible one and requires someone who communicates clearly and firmly, can collaborate with multiple parties and stakeholders, and has an unyielding intellectual curiosity. This role will report directly to the Associate VP of Finance.
What will you do?
- Be the Finance support for revenue-generating transactions: help ensure that deals follow appropriate compliance rules, interface with Revenue Accounting and Deal Desk, and provide the Finance sign-off for deals
- Be the key business partner for the SVP of Worldwide Sales and SVP of Business Development, on the revenue side
- Evaluate (and obsess over) the gross and operating margin impact of revenue-generating activity, including deals, customers, products, SKUs, and other economic assets, with a high level of accuracy
- Apply a solid understanding of the company’s business model, go-to-market motions, and cost structure to special situations
- Perform deep cost analysis for strategic long-term suppliers, using the ability to discern the nature and behavior of complex cost layers
- Manage cross-functional projects involving Deal Desk, Business Development, Accounting, R&D, Procurement, and other groups in a way that optimizes the sharing of information
- Build robust, multi-scenario, comprehensive, flexible, fully-flowing financial models
- Scrutinize models built by others to extract key information to include in own models
- Help corporate and operations finance teams flow the impact of large transactions into their models to maintain accuracy of the 3-statement forecast
- Extract information from dense contracts to include in financial analysis
- Be a thought leader of strategic finance
- Drive scale initiatives and cross-functional accountability across the company
- Partner, as necessary, closely with the Finance and Accounting teams, especially on reporting and disclosure requirements
- Support M&A activities
- Prepare management presentations and reviews
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities that pave the way to becoming a strong people manager
What experience or knowledge will you bring?
- A humble, driven, intellectually curious, pleasant nature with social skills and political savvy
- 6+ years of experience in Finance
- Advanced Excel, financial modeling, and forecasting skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, especially revenue topics
- Experience with subscription software business models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey complex financial information clearly, in prose, presentations, and conversations with multiple levels of the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change
- Confidence in interacting with the management team
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth mentality
- Potential to be, or experience being, a people manager
Which qualifications are most desirable?
- Prior experience in strategic finance, sales operations, strategy consulting or investment banking
- Experience supporting M&A activities
- Experience in, or working with, Deal Desk
- Superior software and system skills: Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Tableau, etc.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will join a cutting-edge business and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Assigned Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
SentinelOne participates in the E-Verify Program for all U.S. based roles.