Director, Finance Risk Management at Capital One (Washington DC)
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Finance Risk Management
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional for a Director position within the Finance Risk Management (FRM) team.
Directors in FRM are highly motivated professionals with excellent organizational, leadership, communication and influence skills. They are experienced in operating in a highly dynamic environment and can balance the needs of multiple stakeholder groups. They have an ability to work with executives to create innovative solutions and can think strategically, while maintaining attention to detail. We are seeking a Director to lead the risk advisory team directly supporting the Controllers, Tax, and Investor Relations business units within Finance.
FRM is engaged and insightful risk management partners working across Finance to:
- Execute robust and proactive risk management programs (requirements, risk assessments, testing, changes, issues, audits / exams, controls, and training)
- Improve effectiveness and efficiency while reducing risk with specialized skills
- Ensure reasonable estimates of fair value through the independent review and assessment of valuations
- Influence risk stakeholders through active and collaborative engagement
- Enable a strong culture of risk management that's adaptable to a changing environment
The Director has oversight of the following key risk functions and responsibilities:
- Lead a team of risk advisors to dynamically prioritize and effectively execute our risk management activities
- Establish influential and effective partnership with leadership teams across Finance
- Continuously look for emerging risks within Finance, across the business and the industry to help our business partners stay front-footed
- Provide effective guidance to our business partners on how to best adapt to and adopt new risk management requirements
- Guide our business partners with risk insights as they implement new initiatives or change existing processes
- Partner with our horizontal risk teams to effectively interpret and implement enterprise risk requirements
- Partner with our Risk Reporting and Data Analysis team to continue to advance our risk analysis and reporting capabilities
- Establish effective partnerships with our risk stakeholders (i.e. Audit, Credit Review, Regulatory Relations) to help our business partners facilitate audits and exams
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong subject knowledge of Finance and Accounting activities (i.e. accounting, regulatory reporting, SEC reporting, SOX)
- Strong critical thinking with an ability to flex among and balance changing priorities
- Prior experience working effectively in a collaborative environment
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Google Suite
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry
- At least 5 year of experience in risk management, accounting or finance
- CPA, CFA or FRM certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).