Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Director of Corporate FP&A will be a hands-on yet strategic leader who will manage Coinbase’s financial planning and reporting processes and lead a team of 2-3 professionals.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance measurements and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Partner with executive leadership and Investor Relations to prepare Board materials, presentations, and quarterly guidance.
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with the Finance leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements. Use systems solutions to streamline reporting and automate internal processes.
- Build and mentor a high performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of transparency and accuracy.
- Lead strategic projects and support senior leadership on ad hoc research and analysis.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field. MBA from a premier school is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in FP&A within a top technology and/or financial services company handling full P&L.
- Extensive experience leading and developing the Corporate FP&A function in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Team player and experience leading a small team.
- Superb analytical/quantitative and communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and manages relationships with senior partners.
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission.
Nice to haves:
- Management consulting and/or investment banking experience highly desirable.
- Netsuite, Anaplan, and Google suite experience.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.