At VillageMD, we're looking for a Director Compensation to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Director Compensation is responsible for the optimization of VillageMD’s compensation investment through the strategy, design, implementation, administration and change management of VillageMD’s full range of compensation programs. The role is responsible for leadership and oversight of the compensation function, effective administration of compensation program policies and procedures to be responsive to VillageMD's business goals and competitive practices. Assures compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations. Monitors vendor performance as it relates to compliance, contractual agreements, and service quality.
How you can make a difference
- Responsible for the compensation function (executive and broad-based) aligned to VillageMD’s business, talent (people) and culture strategy
- Responsible for VillageMD’s full range of compensation programs including executive compensation, base pay, short-term and long-term incentives, job evaluations, external market analysis, salary adjustments, merit increases, promotions, and recognition programs
- Influence the direction and design of innovative solutions for compensation programs by understanding the business, anticipates and diagnose internal client needs, and utilizing best practice knowledge
- Ensures compensation practices are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations
- Conduct market assessments and participate in compensation surveys
- Manage and partner with business partners and consultants to ensure total rewards programs are competitive in the marketplace
- Identify compensation planning solution, manage implementation and administration on time and on budget
- Responsible for development of training and change management resources and tools to support compensation planning system and process execution
- Provide advice on pay decisions, policy, interpretation of VillageMD's pay practice and guidelines
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure recruiters have the necessary information and tools to review and extend offers to candidates
- Lead training and organizational change management specific compensation-related programs.
- Liaison with finance team to manage budgeting, planning, and reporting
- Support special projects including due diligence and M&A support
Skills for success
- Experience working for a publicly-traded organization (preferred healthcare organization)
- Strategic Thought Leadership
- Promote innovation and leader of change
- Critical thinker and strong analytical skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Effective relationship builder and collaborator across the organization horizontally and vertically
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory landscape on pay practices and laws
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical initiatives
- Experience performing under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- Interest in and experience building and leading a team
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- A low ego and humility; ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Certified compensation professional with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience required
- Extensive knowledge of compensation practices and theory including experience in compensation program design and project management
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions desirable
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree in a related field is preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.