Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Director Compensation and Equity will work closely with partners and business leaders to design, implement, and administer all compensation programs including equity and deferred compensation. This role provides guidance and drives strategy to effectively meet organizational objectives while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with applicable laws.
- Responsible for the evaluation, development, and implementation of compensation policies and programs that support the organization's business strategy
- Partners with business units and HR Business Partners to address compensation challenges and concerns, including but not limited to talent retention, internal compression, and market competitiveness
- Drive equity compensation strategy, oversee and plan for any necessary changes to equity incentive plans including monitoring share pool levels, assess and manage all elements of deferred compensation which include equity-based, deferred cash and other performance plans
- Overall ownership of all equity incentive compensation and ESPP programs
- Responsible for analysis and evaluation of competitive market information and research of external labor market trends
- Responsible for oversight of equity transactions and the equity administration platform including employee census data, grants, exercises, sales, releases, terminations, and employee communications
- Leading the compensation team through key enterprise-wide processes (such as annual merit, long-term and short-term incentives, etc.)
- Oversees the job evaluation process, utilizing market data and FLSA guidelines to provide recommendations to HR Business Partners
- Ensures team's ability to provide effective and robust analytics and strategic support to HR partners and business unites
- Thorough knowledge of compensation plan design and implementation including all supporting processes
- Ability to analyze costs, advantages, risks of a decision using sound logic to make well-informed recommendations and decisions
- Results oriented, highly collaborative, and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning and prioritization, problem solving, and business partnering skills
- Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher required plus at least 7-10 years' experience in broad based compensation, equity and deferred compensation
- Prior experience administering stock plans required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of compensation policies and programs and associated compliance issues
- Broad experience with different equity forms such as RSUs, PSUs, stock options, and ESPP
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $145,000 - $185,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.