Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Accounting Policy and Reporting will be responsible for development and leadership of the accounting policy and reporting function, including technical accounting, external reporting, and internal controls over financial reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and/or participate in strategic initiatives of BC and advise non-finance departments within BC on accounting policy, financial reporting, and planning that would be most beneficial to the business.
- Analyze and document accounting treatment for business activity and ad hoc transactions. Conclude technical policy elections with business and long term strategy in mind and ensure adherence to US GAAP (or other local GAAP). Monitor changes in accounting policy and reporting rules globally.
- Manage system of internal and external financial reporting and analysis. Including holistic overview of financial reports to be able to question when accounting information does not make sense and various sections within the company’s financial report do not cohesively add up.
- Create and evolve internal control processes for financial documentation.
- Team with various stakeholders in the organization in order to add input to accounting and reporting impacts of new business activity, such as product development, M&A, financing, structuring and compensation arrangements.
- Serve as advisor to controllership in accounting policy areas, proactively roll up sleeves and share process and technical knowledge so that everyone in controllership is on the same page.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Understand financial results and explain historical track record and management reporting compared to US GAAP and how management and business would approach Non-GAAP metrics.
- Understand and execute to meet external reporting requirements adhering to regulatory and statutory rules.
- Build relationships with other departments, so that people are looking for input from accounting policy upfront.
- 12+ years of experience.
- CPA or equivalent is a must.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable)