Data Analyst, Accounting at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now. Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We are looking for a driven, experienced Business and Data Analyst, with a specialization in data visualization to join our Accounting Data & Analytics Team. We support Carvana’s Finance & Accounting Department to help them benefit from data analysis, data visualization, streamlined data processing, enhanced reporting solutions, and process automations.
This role will primarily be focused on designing, developing, and implementing new Tableau dashboards and streamlining reporting processes for both operational efficiency and executive-level presentations. This person will be the go-to person on all things Tableau for the department. An ideal candidate will be able to support our accounting team by developing a deep understanding of the data leveraged by our department, working with stakeholders to understand and document their current processes and reporting needs, and then utilizing their technical skills to build out and implement automated solutions to produce meaningful reporting for the accounting team.
What you’ll be doing
- Utilize business intelligence tools specifically Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), Alteryx, and Python to build solutions to solve operational reporting problems and then implement and maintain them.
- Build executive-level dashboards and reports in Tableau to be leveraged cross-functionally.
- Develop a deep understanding of our departmental data and data processes from various systems and sources across the organization.
- Partner with end-users to understand reporting needs and requirements. Ensure buy-in with new reporting, process, or analysis.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing suite of published Tableau dashboards.
- Work cross functionally with other data teams across the organization to ensure alignment with organizational best practices.
- Assist in training and upskilling Accounting team members on Tableau.
- Assist in other ad-hoc analytics projects or duties as assigned.
What you should know/have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required.
- 2+ years’ professional experience in data, reporting, and analytics.
- Proficiency in Tableau or similar data visualization tools (Certifications a plus).
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server.
- A background and interest in working with Accounting and/or Finance teams.
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, Python, etc.).
- You are a self-starter with the ability to lead and build trust quickly.
- Capable of managing competing priorities and the ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present and articulate data stories to leaders at various levels.
- Exposure to or background working with Oracle or another ERP System data a plus.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more..
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.