Cost Accountant at Trevco
| Detroit, MI
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:09 p.m. (CST) on Friday, November 12, 2021
Trevco helps licensed brands materialize their vision through the creation of digitally native brands manufactured in our bi-coastal, vertically integrated print-on-demand platform. We are partnered with 1,000+ of the world’s most beloved brands such as Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Warner Bros, ViacomCBS, NBCUniversal, DreamWorks, colleges & universities across America, and many more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role at Trevco is a member of a growing Finance and Accounting team at one of the fastest-growing companies that manufacture licensed goods. As the Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for participating in the monthly general ledger close process, preparing and reviewing routine and non-routine entries, key account, and variance analysis, account reconciliations, costing and ensuring proper internal controls are in place surrounding inventory. This role will be hands-on with working with other departments to ensure that inventory is properly accounted for and costing is updated. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who will Think Differently & Aspire for More, pushing the envelope on innovation and growth, realizing there is always a way to do something better.
In your 1st Month, you will...
· Participate in the monthly closing process as defined and developed to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting of results.
· Manage accounting for asset and liability accounts, with an emphasis on inventory.
· Assist in developing and enforcing product costing processes from raw material standards through manufacturing.
· Develop and implement cost standards for materials, labor, and overhead.
· Design and implement cost accounting systems and reports.
· Analyze inventory valuations.
· Monitor unit/department cost variance.
By Month 2 you will...
· Take over responsibility for monthly close journal entries and account reconciliations and analysis for assigned accounts.
· Plan, collect data, analyze and record results to determine costs of business activity to include raw materials, inventory and labor (fully burden inventory products).
· Work with the pricing team to update pricing on items.
· Work with IT to ensure that NetSuite is set up for all costing measures.
· Oversee annual physical inventory.
· Take on special projects as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from a four-year university
- Expert knowledge of accounting, pricing, and costing for manufacturing plant operations
- Detail-oriented with exceptionally strong analytic skills
- Experience with pricing/costing and cost accounting
- Solid experience in analyzing trends, variance, and cost-benefit
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong time management capabilities
- Possessing a professional demeanor
- Proficient in NetSuite ERP
More Information on Trevco
Trevco operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Madison Heights, MI. Trevco was founded in 1989. It has 127 total employees. To see all 4 open jobs at Trevco, click here.
Read Full Job Description