As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
Are you ready to lead? Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fastest growing industries in the world. We are expanding in multiple dimensions, not least of which is through M&A and strategic investments around the world. The Corporate Development team is critical to Kraken’s growth as we look to remain nimble and opportunistic, seeking out innovative, leap-frog deals and new sources of competitive advantage.
As a Principal on our Corporate Development team, you’ll be responsible for executing M&A transactions that drive our strategic vision forward. Working closely with a cross-functional team of stakeholders, you’ll lead discussions with target leadership, negotiate key terms, coordinate due diligence, identify sources of risk, and drive deals to a timely closing. You bring a deep interest in the crypto industry, a deep familiarity with the M&A process, strong financial modeling and valuation skills, and the ability to work fluidly across multiple high-priority initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to shaping Kraken’s M&A strategy and identify high-value opportunities
- Drive M&A execution and develop recommendations that push initiatives forward
- Spearhead the end-to-end deal process, from initial diligence to closing
- Articulate key value drivers and considerations for potential M&A opportunities in concise deal memos; build consensus across Leadership and the wider organization
- Oversee the development of pro forma financial models and valuation analyses
- Coordinate the due diligence process in concert with cross-functional stakeholders
- Build and maintain an extensive network in the crypto industry to stay on top of key trends and developments
- Contribute to enhancing the Corporate Development function by identifying opportunities to improve processes and recruiting new team members
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in Corporate Development at a hyper-growth FinTech company
- Experience building pro forma financial models and valuation analyses (DCF, comparable multiples, accretion / dilution, etc.)
- Deep familiarity with the M&A process, including Legal matters and integration planning
- Strong ability to drive consensus and coordinate process with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders in Legal, Finance, Product, Engineering, and beyond
- An understanding of the global regulatory environment around crypto
- Strong knowledge of and/or demonstrated curiosity for the cryptocurrency industry
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, writing, and storytelling skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and a reputation for “sweating the small stuff”
- Technical background or strong knowledge of software/internet products and services
- Strong network in crypto and / or traditional financial services markets
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 213 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description