Wheel is the health tech company powering the next generation of healthcare. The entire healthcare industry is racing to serve patients online, but outdated business models, technologies, and mindsets are continuing to get in the way. We pioneered a new way for companies to build and scale virtual care.
Instead of starting from scratch, companies can leverage Wheel’s virtual care platform and nationwide clinician network to develop a virtual care service — bypassing the 15 months and $15 million it can take to build from the ground up. Today, Wheel powers the most innovative companies in healthcare today, including digital health companies, clinical lab networks, retailers, traditional healthcare providers, and tech companies.
We’re a team of experts and innovators working together to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems in order to put great care within everyone’s reach. We’ve raised $216 million in funding and backed by top investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Tiger Global, Coatue, CRV, Tusk Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Silverton Partners.
In the last year we’re proud to have been named:
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups
- Built In’s Best Remote-First Places to Work
- CB Insights Digital Health 150
- Business Insider 30 Leaders under 40 Changing Healthcare
We’re looking for people to join our team who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
Wheel’s team is currently hiring a Corporate Development Manager. We are seeking a talented, motivated Corporate Development Manager to help identify, analyze and execute on inorganic growth opportunities. This person will partner closely with the Wheel executive team on high impact strategic initiatives for the company including playing a key role in market analysis, identifying strategic M&A opportunities, and business case development.
- Develop subject matter expertise on digital health and broader healthcare industry including relevant competitors for Wheel
- Analyze and understand Wheel’s strategic objectives, as well as industry trends to identify, recommend and pursue companies/technologies that can meet those objectives
- Lead all aspects of deal execution including due diligence, financial modeling and negotiations
- Identify and educate executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential acquisitions and investments
- Partner with business and product teams in analyzing and prioritizing strategic market opportunities. Drive business case development and presentation to the leadership team
- Support the prioritization of corporate development initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, consulting, or similar settings
- M&A or related strategic partnership experience
- Analytical skills, fluency in performing financial, valuation and other quantitative analyses
- Understanding of technology with an acumen to engage with product and engineering leaders on tech roadmaps
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with digital healthcare preferred