Corporate Development Manager at Paylocity (Northwest Suburbs)
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Development, the Manager of Corporate Development will be a key leader driving the company's corporate development efforts, including strategy, M&A, capital markets, special projects/growth initiatives and business development activity in alignment with the board, CEO/COO/CFO and the executive team. The position will have direct communication with Senior Management as well as regular direct interaction with the CFO.
- Work directly with cross-functional leadership to identify and prioritize strategic initiatives, shape strategy, and identify areas of M&A focus
- Assist the Senior Director of Corporate Development and Chief Strategy Officer to refine and execute the processes and analytical framework for analyzing M&A opportunities
- Lead research and analysis of key strategic markets to understand and articulate market trends, competitive landscapes, and area of opportunities
- Lead cross-functional efforts to perform deep dives on specific targets to evaluate potential as partners, acquisition opportunities or investment candidates
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional efforts in all phases of M&A execution including diligence, business case creation, financial modeling, and integration
- Drive cross-functional efforts to analyze and execute capital markets activities
- Perform and lead ad hoc analyses and financial modeling as needed
- Lead and mentor team of senior analyst(s)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 4+ years of experience in corporate finance, strategy, corporate development, investment banking, or M&A, preferably in the software / tech sector
- 2+ years of experience in an investment banking role at a recognized bank, with M&A execution experience
- Strong work ethic with experience leading cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced environment in a structured and organized manner
- Driven, results oriented mindset with a proven history of perseverance and passion for achieving goals
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills with financial modelling experience building operational, acquisition, and growth models and pro forma financials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience preparing and presenting board and/or executive level strategic and financial presentations
- Advanced knowledge of MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of and strong interest in the software industry is strongly preferred
- Public debt and equity financing experience is preferred
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $98,251 - $160,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a comprehensive variable compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.