Corporate Development Associate at Opendoor (San Francisco, CA)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:40 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, July 28, 2022
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Corporate Development team helps shape Opendoor’s strategy and achieve its growth goals through acquisitions, strategic investments, and partnerships. As the Corporate Development Associate, you will work closely with a dedicated group of professionals and senior leadership to support strategic theme development, transaction sourcing, evaluation, and deal execution, including competitive trend assessment, business case development, due diligence, financial modeling, deal negotiation, and integration planning. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a high-impact team and build out this critical function for a company that is disrupting the residential real estate industry.
- Develop strategic investment themes and assess the competitive landscape to identify potential acquisition and investment opportunities
- Conduct business and financial analysis to provide deep insight and judgement regarding companies and potential acquisitions
- Help drive the overall deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Play a key role in driving the M&A transaction process from end-to-end, including sourcing, financial and valuation assessment, due diligence, negotiation, structuring, execution and integration activities
- 3+ years of experience in corporate development or related fields such as investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or management consulting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep experience in detailed financial modeling, three-statement analysis, and valuation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation), with the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to possible partners and senior leaders
- High attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic, and collaborative
- San Francisco, CA based
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description