Corporate Development Associate at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:20 p.m. (CST) on Friday, June 10, 2022
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
Are you ready to lead? Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fastest growing industries in the world. We are expanding in multiple dimensions, not least of which is through M&A and strategic investments around the world. The Corporate Development team is critical to Kraken’s growth as we look to remain nimble and opportunistic, seeking out innovative, leap-frog deals and new sources of competitive advantage.
What You'll Do
- You will play a significant role in our M&A, and growth activities globally;
- You will work closely with a cross-functional team, build sound analyses and support business case development for potential transactions;
- You bring a deep interest in the crypto industry;
- You have strong research & financial skills;
- You have the capability to work, self-directed, fluidly across multiple high-priority initiatives;
- You have the desire and ability to travel when needed;
- You have a desire to engage with a variety of players in the industry, including innovators, founders, and investors, and a very personable approach to building relationships;
- You have an ability to cultivate world class networks based on a genuine rapport at all levels and stages of company development.
Who You Are
- Bachelors of Art or Science (or higher level degree) in Business, Economics, Finance or related field from a top-tier university;
- 4-7 years of experience in at a top-tier venture capital firm, investment bank, startup, or financial institution;
- Excellence in understanding and scrutinizing startup business models (financials, mechanics, quality) of similar yet differentiated offerings in a dynamic and fast-moving environment;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, writing, and storytelling skills on industry trends, implications, disruptors, and pain points;
- Experience in drafting and delivering internal presentations and deal memos with strong commitment to quality, persistence, and impact;
- Strong network in crypto and/or traditional financial services markets is a plus;
- Technical background or strong knowledge of software products and services is a plus;
- Mentoring at accelerators, thesis creation, and ability to identify minute signals is a plus
Location Tagging: #US #CANADA #EU #LI-Remote
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 178 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description