Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes, and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that is disrupting the lending market and helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
About the Role:
Credible’s Financial Controller will own accounting, audit, and financial reporting. This role will require the Financial Controller to collaborate across all departments within the company, working closely with the Accounting team, and will play an integral part in the day-to-day management of Credible. Your contributions will fundamentally impact the business, its processes, results, and overall efficiency of both finance and operations. Credible is a data driven organization, you will be an integral part, driving decision making across the company.
Credible’s Financial Controller must be exceptionally driven, reliable, detail-focused, demonstrate the highest level of integrity at all times, and be hungry to drive Credible forward.
- Leads and directs accounting functions, all management and statutory financial reporting, revenue recognition, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, and payroll. Ensuring timely and accurate monthly closings
- Deliver timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial reports for the Executive Team and the Board of Directors
- Maintain the fixed assets records and assure accuracy of the assets, capitalized costs, and amortization/depreciation entries
- Ensure that data from systems interfacing with the general ledger is accurately and promptly posted
- Maintain and enhance effective policies and procedures for both the accounting team and the company at large which are well-documented, communicated, and monitored
- Maintain and communicate the chart of accounts in a manner which assures accurate, efficient, and timely financial reporting to meet the needs of GAAP, tax reporting, and management decision making
- Cost effectively manages the accounting organization by optimizing the use of technology, as well as building a scalable infrastructure to support the future growth of the company
- Maintain and enhance an effective internal control environment based on meaningful well-documented ongoing financial risk assessment
- Work with the COO and FP&A team to assist with budget development, risk management, insurance, and financial planning and analysis
- Assist with the provision of information for interim/annual audits
- Prepare and submit various local tax and regulatory filings in compliance with local statutes
- Serve as a resource for management on matters of tracking spending, fiscal control, regulatory compliance, and accounting and reporting best practices. Stay current on accounting requirements, in particular GAAP requirements, and advise leadership on these matters as relevant
- Generally assist as is required to drive Credible’s company objectives
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience, with at least 6 years in a management capacity
- CPA certification with Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- Prior experience with a technology growth-stage company preferred
- Strong ethics and audit skills across all aspects of accounting and finance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; a clear communicator
- Excellent supervisory, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a hands-on approach. Strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
- Proven high standard of performance, eager to set and pursue aggressive goals and to work hard and smart to achieve them. Must be persistent, decisive, resourceful, proactive, and results-oriented
- Ability to understand all aspects of the organization’s business and to convey information to people with varying levels of financial expertise
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Knowledge of Financial and ERP systems. Experience with Workday required
We are a fast moving group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business, and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand, and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful, and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company.
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food, and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.