Controller at Springboard
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education in data science, UI/UX design, machine learning, and coding. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we're ultimately human-centric: each student taps into a vast community throughout their time with us, engaging with fellow students, industry-expert mentors, student advisors, and career coaches, the goal of which is to successfully transition students into their dream job. Through this approach, we’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives, with hundreds of top-notch job offers received every year and a near-perfect placement rate for our program graduates.
Springboard is growing its finance and accounting team, and is looking for a hands-on, results-driven Controller to support the company’s growth. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will build and lead the company’s Accounting function.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for the general ledger, tax, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, financial reporting, stock plan administration and external audit relationships.
- Own the financial close process and deliver accurate and timely financial reporting to facilitate critical decision making.
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Implement and maintain financial systems and controls consistent with Springboard’s policies and regulatory guidelines
- Partner with all departments to implement policies, processes and systems that facilitate improved operational efficiency and financial controls.
- Lead all external and internal audit activities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA desirable
- Prior Controller experience at a growth stage company
- Excited to build and lead a high performing accounting function
Bonus Points If:
- Edtech or online consumer services experience
- Capitals market experience
- M&A experience
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Read Full Job Description