Controller at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to inspire change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with encouraged and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
The Controller will help create the direction and supervision of general accounting, not just for today, but to ready our scaling and expanding business. You will also be responsible for a wide range of activities: including day-to-day accounting responsibilities, audit and SOX compliance, team development, driving accounting initiatives, and establishment of the company's accounting and finance infrastructure including a variety of special projects. This opportunity has strong upside and will expand with the growth of the Company. You will interact with all departments across the company.
What You’ll Be Doing and the Impact You’ll Make:
- Plan, direct, and participate in all operational accounting functions including billing, A/R, Collections, A/P, fixed assets, treasury, cashflow and revenue recognition
- Manage a team of accounting and financial operations professionals
- Quarterback the close process to issue timely (monthly, quarterly, annual) and complete financial statements in accordance with US GAAP at the consolidated and business unit-levels
- Oversee monthly commission calculation and communication to sales team.
- Partner with business leaders on client engagements including monitoring client billing and timely collections
- Review and prepare monthly analysis to explain movements and reconcile accounts and to prepare materials for management, investor, and board presentations.
- Coordinate SOX and Audit activities with parent company internal audit and external audit
- Plan and oversee on-going internal process improvement, automation and accuracy of financial management and financial systems.
- Assess and document accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support the development of the annual planning cycle and interim financial updates.
What we’d love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent, and CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of demonstrated professional development and advancement in accounting focused roles.
- Strong experience with technology consulting and professional services businesses
- 5+ years of Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- 5+ years public company experience, ideally in a multi-unit business with international entities
- OpenAir, NetSuite, Anaplan experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, operational management, and financial reporting.
- Experience working in a hands-on capacity with an eye for opportunities to improve upon the status quo.
- Experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage projects and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Self-motivated and independent, detailed oriented, strong work ethic, and high integrity and ethical standards.
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH/cell phone stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed.
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.