We are Mythical Games—a Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
The Controller reports directly to the Vice President of Finance, oversees accounting staff and provides financial information about company activities that will assist the leadership team in making economic company decisions. The candidate should be proactive and solution-oriented, offering depth of experience to the management team in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop the company’s accounting infrastructure, processes, and policies to adhere to accounting standards for accurate reporting
- Lead overall month-end close process in a timely and accurate manner
- Generate consolidated US GAAP financial statements, and provide to external stakeholders monthly or other stated cadence
- Partner with the FP&A team to analyze results and provide meaningful insight
- Partner with the Participation Reporting team to provide seamless data to allow reporting across the portfolio
- Lead continual improvement on the contract review processes and implementation of SOX controls
- Partner closely with the Legal/Compliance team to ensure good standing with regulators
- Partner with external advisors to stay up to date on blockchain and cryptocurrency accounting as well as changing regulatory requirements
- Key role in Mythical’s global expansion strategy by providing accounting guidance and intercompany and transfer pricing
- Oversee the company’s FX fluctuations, evaluate and present hedging opportunities
- Manage and develop a strong accounting team that is an effective business partner to functional business areas.
- M&A accounting and manage 409A valuation process
- Taxes including managing the tax return process, facilitating requests from a tax preparer, Tax firm correspondence
- Ad hoc finance projects, quantitative analyses, including external audit requests, expense reporting, review of merchant contracts and tax matters
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 7+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years management experience
- Experience with SOX compliance
- Sophisticated depth of communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently from a remote work environment
- Maintain close attention to detail and strict deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Netsuite and Microsoft suite, especially excel
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.