Compliance Advisory Lead at Chainalysis (New York City, NY)
Built a world class cryptocurrency AML program? Are you passionate about sharing this knowledge across the private sector from small Defi Teams to the largest global banks? Can you engage both public and private sector stakeholders, to help them navigate complex regulatory and compliance challenges? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
We are still at the dawn of a new asset class in cryptocurrencies. Your job is to shape how all businesses can safely adopt cryptocurrencies while complying with regulatory requirements and building great compliance programs. Speaking from experience, you will help our customers and prospects know what to expect from the latest regulatory actions and examinations. As a team member at Chainalysis, you will play a key role in maintaining Chainalysis as the leading source of compliance expertise for enterprise businesses, financial institutions, regulators as cryptocurrencies grow in adoption and importance.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Helped the leading financial institutions around the world, strategize and build compliance programs on how they adopt cryptocurrencies and offer new products to their customers
- Helped our sales team close top strategic accounts in financial services and cryptocurrency verticals
- Advised top cryptocurrency businesses on how they can build better relationships with financial institutions and regulators
- Built a supporting materials for how compliance departments can best operationalize Chainalysis KYT to build stronger AML programs
- Been a spokesperson for the industry at major conferences and regulatory hearings
- Facilitated dialogues with regulators and industry on key policy issues that face the industry
- Assisted in formulating Chainalysis response to key regulatory developments impacting financial institutions
- Worked with customers and prospects on cryptocurrencies and compliance best practices in support of the ecosystem and specific business regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Produced thought leadership on current regulatory environment and challenges
- Consulted with our Product team to ensure that the Chainalysis solutions continue to expand our product market leadership position
A background like this helps:
- Experience working in AML, sanctions, and related financial crime topics
- Confidence engaging senior stakeholders and speaking publicly
- A full understanding of key regulatory and compliance challenges related to cryptocurrencies
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.