Compensation Compliance Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
You will be joining a small HR Compliance team supporting a large global team of Human Resource colleagues within the People Office (TPO) and will work most closely with the Rewards team on compensation compliance initiatives.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for monitoring new and impending regulations, guidelines and directives relating to how FIS remunerates our colleagues. You will be tasked to determine actions required to maintain compliance and communicate to stakeholders within the People Office (TPO). This includes federal laws related to FLSA, EEO-1, EEOC, DOL and other Federal agencies. Also responsible for the review of U.S. state and local laws to assure company compliance. You will be working closely with other TPO centers, including People Systems, Rewards, Legal, and Inclusion and Diversity. This role also will participate in tracking outside U.S. compliance activities.
- Determine FLSA Exemption status for newly created job profiles and regularly review and edit job descriptions to comply with FLSA and regulatory statues (e.g. ADA, and EEOC Standards).
- Review and approve colleague FLSA Exemption status changes and recommend appropriate job profiles. Consult with Legal team on determination, as needed. Monitor and routinely audit employee population for FLSA Exemption compliance.
- Conduct semi-annual audit of colleague pay for compliance with minimum rate regulations on federal, state, and local levels.
- Participate in regulatory filings, coordinating and/ or preparing reports.
- Conduct compensation research and ensure compliance with leave of absence policies (Short-term disability, FMLA, active military service, etc.).
- Support OFCCP audits by compiling data, doing research, and responding to official queries.
- Track compensation reporting requirements and compliance efforts in other countries where FIS operates (e.g., UK Gender Pay Reporting, France Gender Pay Equality reporting, Switzerland Gender Equality Act, Australia Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012, etc.).
What you bring:
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. Regulatory environment related to compensating colleagues.
- Expertise in FLSA exemption tests.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to understand technical documents and legal or regulatory reference materials.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving techniques and tools to compliance issues.
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical coverage, dental, and retirement options.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Global exposure and experiences with colleagues from around the world.
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.