Chief Revenue Officer at AppSumo (San Diego, CA)
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We've helped launch thousands of top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox just to name a few.
At AppSumo, we believe work doesn't have to suck. We love helping entrepreneurs build a lifestyle they're passionate about. And that includes you.
The foundation of our culture is treating teammates like adults. This is a place where we actually encourage you to have a side hustle and develop your career at AppSumo. You'll learn everything about starting and growing a business here-and get paid to do it.
We're on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone. You in?
Why this is your dream job:
Forour Chief Revenue Officer, we're looking for a leader to be in complete charge of Revenue! You love entrepreneurship, numbers, sales, marketing, and people. Your mission will be to grow our revenue while creating the go-to place for partners and customers to grow their businesses. You will report directly to our CEO, Noah Kagan, while leading both the Business Development and Marketing departments. Additionally, you'll be:
- Establishing revenue targets and partnering closely with Finance on the forecast
- Partnering with the leadership team to create the long-term revenue roadmap for the company
- Leading the teams responsible for sales and marketing
- Analyzing product pricing, revenue share, and profit margin across all product listings in the marketplace
- Identifying top and new customer segments and expanding our presences in those groups
- Building new revenue lines
By the end of 2022 you'd be insanely successful by accomplishing:
- You made sure we hit our 2022 revenue and profit margin goals
- Initiated 2 projects that have 10x potential revenue upside in future years
- You've built deep relationships with business development leader and marketing to coordinate projects across the groups.
- You have used your network of top talent to assist in the hiring of AppSumo's first VP of Marketing
- You have deep understanding of the analytics and inputs that impacts our overall revenue growth
- Help us figure out the model around flywheel economics of our marketplace.
- Evaluate partner revenue share splits to see how / where we can give more money to our partners and increase overall pie of revenue
- Started a review of our refund policies to see if there's opportunity to improve customer experience and reduce refunds in 2023
- You have previous experience as a VP Sales, VP Business Development, Chief Revenue Officer, or Chief Operating Officer.
- You love all things data and analytics.
- You are a successful leader who can recruit, manage and retain top performing teams
- You have a list of people who you have worked with before who would jump at the chance to come work with you again
- You've created or pivoted to new business strategies
- Experience in a marketplace/eCommerce/SaaS startups
- Former experience on AppSumo's marketplace, either as a Sumo-ling or Partner
- An active side-hustle that you're passionate about
- Health insurance through Humana, plus vision, dental, life insurance, and mental health services for you and your loved ones
- 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model-work from home or the office
- Open vacation (PTO) policy (plan to make your Slack status a "🌴" at least one week per quarter)
Unique perks to take care of you:
- Freedom to have a side hustle (we don't treat that word like it's Voldemort)
- Free access to all the software and tools in the AppSumo marketplace
- An invite to our annual all-expenses-paid company trip (think Costa Rican Resort, not team building at Generic Corporate Venue #84)
- Flexible hours that let you start late or take that midday power nap
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office in Austin
- Free lunch once a week, all the gear you need, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.